New to smoking and loving it

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lovinmysmoker

Original poster
Mar 5, 2017
Hi, I'm Thea from Western NY! In February we bought a 38" Smoke Hollow 38202G LPG 2-Door Smoker and a ThermoPro T20 dual digital probe. So far we've smoked two whole chickens, chicken breasts, pork ribs and cold smoked cheese! YUM! 

I do have a question about where is the best place to put the probe inside the smoker for the ambient temperature reading?  I'm beginning to think this thermometer isn't working right as it's reading 121 degree difference between the middle and the top of the smoker and that just can't be right!

I signed up for the 5 day e-course, looking forward to reading it next!

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum Thea!

You want to put the probe on the grate a few inches from the meat for the best reading.

Al

texas.gif
  Good morning and welcome to the forum from a wet and windy day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of                great people with tons of information on just about everything.

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky