New smoker from right outside Philly, PA

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

silverbackribs

Original poster
Jun 20, 2017
Levittown, PA
Hey everyone, I've been lurking this forum for the past few months, originally researching for tips on making jerky in a dehydrator, but ended up getting into smoking meats. I'm currently using a Masterbuilt electric smoker. I have no experience at all with grilling food but have had two smoking sessions (using tips I've found browsing various threads) and have had great results. I'm excited to participate in your discussions and continue learning from many of you who have years of experience. 

I live in the suburbs of philadelphia, I'm in my early 20s, just graduated college and I've made smoking meats my hobby to keep me busy while I'm not working. :)

Just stopping by to say hello and I hope to learn a lot from participating in this forum!

Welcome PA neighbor, I'm from York myself.  There's tons of good info here, I have a pellet grill myself, but there's a good bunch of folks here using Masterbuilt smokers who will answer questions happily.  My family was just out to Philly last year in may, first time I've ever been there, but I wanted to ask if there's any better pizza than Lorenzo's in the little Italian market section there.  We had several slice and took a whole pie home, it was that good.  

Welcome to the forum!! 
welcome1.gif

Welcome Neighbor!! 
welcome1.gif

I'm about 60 miles North of Philly (Macungie), but born & raised 40 miles above Philly (Quakertown).

That's Great starting at your age---Very Few do.

Here's a Bunch of things you can easily do in your MES:

Just click on "Bear's Step by Steps".

Bear

Last edited:
To be honest, I don't travel into the city much. But I can certainly recommend a great italian pizza place in the suburbs called DeLorenzos located in Fairless Hills. They have a great white Sicilian pizza that my girlfriend and I order often. 

Welcome to the Forum. I wish I had started smoking meat at your age.  I missed out on so many years of brisket!!!!
I just smoked my first pork butt this past weekend and loved it. I can certainly see making this a hobby for life.  I can't wait to take on the challenge of cooking brisket.
biggrin.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky