New project as a humble beginning

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Started to get the grating on the racks this morning. Had to quit early to got gun shopping though. I'll be back at it Monday.  
PDT_Armataz_01_36.gif

Once again, this build looks great! In my last reply I meant to ask why the smoke stacks are so close to the fire box instead of higher up on the tank?

I figure I'd get as much heat out of the smoke as I can before it exits. lowering the exhaust on my brinkman really helped. I've heard it doesn't really matter on a reverse flow but figure I try it anyway. I helps keep my overall height down and to be honest I think it just looks cool 
icon_cool.gif
. Hope to have some more pics up tomorrow. thanks for watching

Sorry ya'll. The OT has been kicking in, so I take when I can get it. Got the outside wire wheeled and plan to get the inside done Friday. Hopefully start laying paint for the graphics Friday also. Trust me, no one wants to see Q from this thing more than me. I'll have more pics hopefully Friday.
hit.gif

Its been awhile coming but its worth the wait. 

I heard somewhere that when a build passes 5 pages the builder has to ship samples from the maiden voyage to all members that viewed his or her thread. Shall I start a thread for us all to post our addresses in? 

Pig candy would be easy to ship.  LOL 

Tom, Don't think I can slide the shipping past momma. Bet I could make dinner available for those who want to make the trip.
bluesbros.gif

AWWWW she won't mind LOL. 

The company I work for is here in KC but our parent company is in Grand Island. Gee, wonder if my boss will send me up there for the weekend. 

Well its wishfull thinking, but I am thinking that they aren't gonna let me out of my regular work to go play. Things are picking up just a little but I can always hope for the best.

Invites there. Know all about needin' the the work thing. That's the main reason this build has taken so long. Gotta take the money while it's there. still looking for seasoning it thrurs.
grilling_smilie.gif

Wow, this is so impressive !

This is my first post :-)

So far I've been experimenting with rubs, wood chips and tinkering/learning about maintaing low even temp.

My goal is to build my own smoker this summer. I too am not a welder but I'm always thiking of ideas. I've now learned that no tank is too big! LOL

Keep up the great work - you are inspiring

Dave in Ottawa

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky