**New Member = First Reverse Flow Smoker Build from 60 Gallon Compressor Tank**

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Toggle clamps came today.... Man they sure are Puny suckers. Going to put them in the parts bin. They just don't look right compared to the size of the smoker. I ordered the next biggest size.

Last edited:
What size expanded metal did you use? Went to pick up some of the supplies I need. Shop I am getting everything from ordered me  "flattened" expanded metal...it was less sharp....if that makes any sense....

What size expanded metal did you use? Went to pick up some of the supplies I need. Shop I am getting everything from ordered me  "flattened" expanded metal...it was less sharp....if that makes any sense....
I am using #9 - 3/4"

If you are getting it flattened, I would get thicker material. The non flattened material will stay straighter even when it heats up compared to the flat stuff. If not you may see bow's in the material quickly unless you use a stiffener under the grate up against that material to keep it straight and flat.

Last edited:
Looking good MD...................
icon14.gif

Toggle clamps came today.... Man they sure are Puny suckers. Going to put them in the parts bin. They just don't look right compared to the size of the smoker. I ordered the next biggest size.
I got mine from harbor freight tools for $6 ea. they are big and heavy. See picture. I bolted them on with 4 1/4" stainless bolts each, instead of welding in case they ever do need to be replaced. I also changed out the pin that holds the lid down and used carriage bolts instead of the robber bumpers that came with them.

I got mine from harbor freight tools for $6 ea. they are big and heavy. See picture. I bolted them on with 4 1/4" stainless bolts each, instead of welding in case they ever do need to be replaced. I also changed out the pin that holds the lid down and used carriage bolts instead of the robber bumpers that came with them.

Looks good! How did you seal your CC Door? How about your FB?

Been busy at work. I have not touched the smoker. I will finish it but I don't know exactly when. $$ is too good working right now to stop!

Been busy at work. I have not touched the smoker. I will finish it but I don't know exactly when. $$ is too good working right now to stop!
That's why they say "you have to make hay while the sun is shining" You will have time and money soon enough.

Last edited:
popcorn.gif
  Smokers looking good MD.....Insulated firebox... Be an extra place to sit on while smoking...lol

Had a few minutes to mess around with the smoker tonight. I made the upper air inlet cover. Used a 4" whole saw and added a couple things to it so it will bolt to the 

FB. Will post pictures later... I did not take any. Lol

Sitting here chicken scratching some ideas around for the FB lower vent slider, FB Door & Ash Pan. 

Tomorrow in the morning I am going to try to get a little more done. 

It won't be when I am done. They are not finished just yet....... The material when I box those in will take care of what you are seeing. I tripped out on it as well. 

So the material will come out and be flush with the face of the FB openings and will shrink up those openings about 1/2 of an inch all the way around. Then I will sand down the welds smooth so the the vent slides nice. 

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky