New Meat Smoking Member

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mlmatthews

Original poster
Jan 7, 2017
SE Michigan
Hi - 

Name: Mark

Equipment: 30" Masterbuilt Electric Smoker

Skill level: Beginner

Smoking my very first Pork Butt right now - 2.5 hours in. Boneless Swifts Premium 14.3# from Costco in 2 pieces. I already know my next one will include the bone! (Should have read more and watched more videos before selecting the meat)

It was 3F outside when I started at 6a, up to 6F now at 8:50a, but the smoker is maintaining its temp pretty well.

I look forward to the content available here and will search before posting questions!

Mark M

MI

Welcome to the forum Mark!

Glad to have you with us!

Don't worry about searching before asking questions.

Just ask away!

Good luck with that butt!

Al

texas.gif
  Good morning and welcome to the forum from a cloudy and windy day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of          great people with tons of information on just about everything.

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky