New Lang 36" Patio with Chicken Legs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Nice legs. Yea, the reverse flows are a different animal than the elcheapo offset. I really think a couple of reverse flow's that I have used give a lighter smoke taste and an absolutley better all round taste.

RP
I tend to agree with the lighter smoke on this reverse flow. During my first full heat test I noticed that both of my Maverick probes placed on the cooking grate had very little smoke buildup after six hours. Would have expected a deep smoke color. As a further test I added a short extension to the flue inside the cook chamber and after a six hour re-test the Maverick probes picked up more smoke and were darker than the first time. I will be looking at this on future smokes.

Thanks for the comments.

Larry

I just bought a used Lang 60 three days ago, doing my first smoke on it in the morning. I hope my ribs and meatloaf are as good as the chicken looks. Congrats on the new 36 patio!!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky