New Horizontal Smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kybill

Original poster
Apr 3, 2013
I am building a new horizontal smoker. It will be  38inch round x 54 inches long. Offset firebox is 30 inches round and 22 inches in length. Smoker is made out of 1/4 steel and firebox is 3/4 steel.
[h2]Is a 6 inch chimney / flu  sufficient?[/h2]

Last edited:
I'm sorry about the picture quality. I'll try to improve.

Thank you very much. I hope you have a great weekend!!

You do the same just run your measurements of your smoker and it will calculate for you
Nice build by the way now lets get her rolling with some TBS

Last edited:
Thanks. I have meat in the freezer I just need to get the pit complete! I;m sure I will have a serious learning experience once I can fire it up.

My old smoker was not big enough. This is a picture of a rib cook I did last dove season.

Last edited:

OK guys. I'm thinking of the dual chimney. I can always choke it off but this may help with heat.

Please comment as I have not done this yet.

So you are not planning a reverse flow smoker? I think it would be easier to maintain consistant temps. Sorry, I can't help with details, but the calculator should give you all you need to know.

Mike

No Mike I may add a warmer box above the fire pit later and turn it into a reverse flow when needed; I'll make the plate with handles and remove it when I'm not cooking reverse.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky