New Here From Louisiana

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

stephenislegend

Original poster
Jan 9, 2017
Hey everyone,

My name is Stephen and I am from Louisiana, more specifically the Lafayette area. I have been a hobby smoker for years using a custom built offset that I had worked on for over a year, but this past christmas, my wife decided to break me in on an electric smoker. She picked up a MES 30. Being a die hard charcoal/wood guy, I was a little hesitant, but decided to keep it and see what all the fuss is about. Will be doing my first smoke tonight. I did mess around with it yesterday and right off the bat noticed a 20-30 degree difference between the controller on the MES and my maverick dual probe. Glad I checked that first. Also ordered the Amazn maze for the smoker so that I can burn pellets and not have to babysit this thing quite so often, (which is the main reason I was willing to try electric in the first place). Anyhow, glad to be on board and I look forward to learning all I can from others who enjoy smoking meat.

texas.gif
  Good morning and welcome to the forum from a cloudy and windy day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of          great people with tons of information on just about everything.

Gary

texas.gif
  Good morning and welcome to the forum from a cloudy and windy day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of          great people with tons of information on just about everything.

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky