New guy here with his homebuilt

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Welcome aboard Al!  From on CO'an to another.

One heck of a smoker you got there.  I love the home made stuff, and your's is right up there with the best of them.  Look'en forward to some good Q coming outta that bad boy.

Good to have ya,

Tracey

Just keep checking with Craigslist or any local pottery making places, you will be able to score one of these ( you really don't care if the elements or the electronics work), you are looking for one of a decent size where the bricks are mostly intact. A few broken places here and there are fine for a smoker.

When I get a chance I am going to try charcoal in it just to try it. But for now,the electric works great.

What I really like is the way it holds the temp and just doesn't vary due to the insulation.

Only negative I see for now, is that for long smokes (more than 3 hours), you may have to open it up, take the trays out to refill the chip pan. But because the insulated bricks hold the heat, bringing it back to proper temp is very quick.

But I wanted a smoker I could use in the winter, and this fits what I needed to a "T". 

Smoke a whole chicken in it the other day, butterflied. One hour in smoke then an hour + in foil until the internal temp was 180....perfect feast. meat just falling off the bones.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky