New guy first build

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I screwed up on my vent hole spacing can't close them all the way but I don't think they will ever need to be closed 100%. Guess I'll know better next time.

Save the pieces from the hole saw. If you need to later, you can cut off the arc on the circles and weld them back in on the firebox. You won't really know if it's going to run hot until you get her fired up. It would close up the holes some when wide open, but would allow you close it all the way off. I'm bad about overshooting when I'm getting fired up and usually have to shut down to get the temperatures down.

Yea hind sight 20/20 went with 2" hole so I didn't have to cut as many hole but forgot about overlap. DUMBASS. Thanks for idea I was going to add stack damper too.

Looks mighty fine to me...... Hey........ I was looking at your welds..... looks like you are having a tough time seeing and following the weld... I found a secret to that a few years ago..... READING GLASSES at the store.... NO bifocals... get the glasses so you can see clear at 18"..... Makes a HUGE difference when you can see the puddle and the seam you are welding.... Not trying to be critical.... trying to help..... Dave

I hear ya I got a mag lens in my helmet. Dosent help I got a new hip in November and need rotator cuff surgery. I need a helmet with an 8 shade and I'm running flux core I hate it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky