New Gal from NY/LI

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

deanna

Original poster
Dec 28, 2011
I am a newbie to smoking/BBQ. Want to learn the correct way to produce a great product.

Welcome Deanna!

Please let us look over your shoulder by sending photos.  We love the photos.  Enjoy, and take advantage of all the resources available here from all over the world. 

So many hints, and recipes available.  Helpful friends if you need advice.

GOOD LUCK!

Well...I wanted to make my own but I got a Char-griller brand as a gift but has no fire box, so I am trying to figure how to convert my weber into my fire box and attach to one of the vents on the side of the Char-griller.

welcome1.gif
 to SMF. You have come to the right place for smoking info. This site is loaded with great info just use the search bar at top of page to find what you are looking for. If you can't locate the answer just ask folks here are willing to share there knowledge. I suggest you take  the 5 day e-course on smoking its chuck full of great info.Smoking Basics 5-Day eCourse

icon_cool.gif

First off welcome to SMF there Deanna. You'll really like this place for there are a bunch of really good folks here that would just love to help you with just about anything to do with smoking meat. Then if you have any questions you just post them here or yu can try in chat for a faster answer. If you are really new to all of this I would recommend that you look up and take the e-course. It is free and it will also give you the basics on smoking. So with all that said now go and get something to smoke.

Welcome To Your New Addiction

welcome1.gif
   Glad to have you with us.

Would you please update your profile to include your location. Thank-you.

Welcome to the SMF Family...You have come to the right place to learn from some of the best...JJ

Welcome..

This site has tons of info.

I suggest you spend some time reading all the different forums and the WIKIs.

Ask questions and use the handy dandy search tool for specific interests!!

Take the awesome free E-Course!!!

Have a great day!!!

Craig

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/wiki/about-jeffs-5-day-ecourse

Make bacon the easy way!!

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/forum/thread/109368/more-easy-made-bacon-with-q-view#post_666451

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/forum/thread/82034/how-to-post-qview-to-smf

Welcome to the forum Deanna!  There are a ton of great folks on the forum that know a lot about smoking and they'll help you out in a flash!

As for your Weber, no reason you can't make some great Q in the Weber itself, although it's more toward indirect cooking/smoking.  In a pinch I've made some fairly decent (If I do say so myself LOL) butts and ribs in a Weber Kettle.

Keep us posted on your Weber/Char Griller mod.  You might want to check out flexible metal dryer duct material at a Home Depot or Lowe's to start your mod.  Just my very humble $0.02.

-Salt

Well...I wanted to make my own but I got a Char-griller brand as a gift but has no fire box, so I am trying to figure how to convert my weber into my fire box and attach to one of the vents on the side of the Char-griller.

First off, welcome to SMF... glad you found us.. I have the chargriller without the side firebox as well... I made a few mods to it and it works great.. It's more indirect grilling than a true smoker but it still turns out just as good Q as a true smoker.. here's a couple of pics of mine and you can see the mods (charcoal basket and exhaust vent duct down to grate level) and it's VERY fuel efficient...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky