New from South Carolina

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gooose53

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Aug 17, 2007
I've been lurking around and seeing what this forum is all about. Like what I see and looking forward to being a part of it. I love to bbq and smoke! I use a friends huge Alveron cooker and have a webber kettle and a nice gas unit. I would love to get a bigger cooker and try my hand at whole hog and even try entering some competitions. I've done ribs, butts and turkeys which have all come out well. I love to experiment with different rubs and souces. I've been to a cooking class on smoking meat earlier this year and learned a great deal. Being here in the low country of SC I guess I'm partial to vinegar based pulled pork but as long as it's smoked I'll eat it anyway you want to serve it.
"Cooking is like love. It should be entered into with abandon or not at all."
Harriet Van Horne

A hearty welcome from Delaware, glad you found us!!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Welcome to SMF, Goose -nice to have you join our little group!

Welcome to the SMF family gooose53. Glad you came out of the lurking stage. Looking forward to seeing your posts.

Glad to have you on board. I too, lurked for quite a while. Am really glad that I finally joined in. You will be, too.

Skip

Welcome goose53, you're on the SMF. This is where you'll find many ideas, recipes, suggestions, and plain ol' fun.

Jpeck,

I'm in Goose Creek. They had the cook school in Lexington, just a hop skip and a jump from you. I'm also on the scbbqtalk forum as well. I'm going to be cooking about 200 lbs of butt for a fund rasier in the latter part of September with all the fixens including hash. I will post pics when were done.
"Cooking is like love. It should be entered into with abandon or not at all."
Harriet Van Horne

Welcome to the SMF,Goose53. You have found the right place. If these folks can be of any help to you just ask.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky