New Buckeye

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smoke20

Original poster
Sep 14, 2007
I'm new so I just want to introduce myself. I'm from Ohio about 6 miles from Lake Erie. I'm a big time fishermen. We fish the lake for walleye, perch and steelhead. I live about 200 yards from the river and it gets rolling in the fall with steelhead. As I type they are moving in for the winter.
I just got done with my new smoker. It's a 1965 General Electric refrigerator. It has 5 racks and propain burner. I got the burner off of Ed at http://www.gassmoker.com/

After I get all me pictures in order I'll post them. Well try to. Do I have to "season" this thing? It's all metal with a porcelain inside.

Looking forward to learn the art of BBQ'n and Smokin'

Welcome to SMF Smoke20. Glad to have you here with us. Definitely post some of those pics. We also love the Q-view from your smokes. It won't hurt to season that smoker. Give it a good test run to see how the temps run for you.

Hello Buckeye and welcome to the SMF. I'm really lookin' forward to pics of your new smoker. Great project to get you into the smoke of things. Try looking into Jeff's 5 day ecourse, great basic reading/review.

Welcome Smoke20 -

It's always a good idea to season cooking gear if nothing more it'll start laying down a good bed of rust resistant grease! It'll also give you an idea of how to control the heat and smoke before throwing the meat in there ...

Welcome aboard, glad you found us!

Can't wait to see pix of the 1965 General Electric refrigerator-now-smoker. Where along Lake Erie are you? I grew up in northern Ohio and we fished the heck outta that lake for years... mostly yellow perch.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Have fun!

Welcome fellow Buckeye, great game today!
You say you live up by Erie? I fished Erie through the ice last year and it is true what they say.."Erie is the best Walleye fishing in the world!!"

Anyway..... welcome to the sight. There is an incredible wealth of knowledge here, and these guys/ gals are great!

GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yea smoke 20 I almost forgot to tell you that I ordered one of Ed's burners too and it has worked great. Ed is a good guy and very helpful.

Welcome. We love Buckeyes in Florida. Hopefully you smoke better than your State College plays Football and Basketball.
PDT_Armataz_01_11.gif

J/K Glad to have you aboard and I look forward to seeing some steelhead photos. I fish the Gulf of Mexico off Cedar Key, Fla all the time.

Thanks all for the very warm welcome!! HawgHeaven I'm be Vermilion. Thats east of Sandusky (Ceder Point). The walleye are hitting mad. Allot of 20lb+ this year are being cought. The yellow perch are just starting to come back for the fall. We have had some chilly weather with 34deg the other night.

Flash, Ohio State didn't show up in Fla. There plane was grounded. I have no clue who was playing the Gators that day.
icon_redface.gif
lol

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky