Need Help With Forum Issues

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jaybone

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Can someone please help me with several issues that I am having using the forum?Wanted to post Q-View of a recent WSM breaking in smoke session but discovered several issues preventing this.When attempting to start a new thread and/or reply to existing threads I am able to input text into the edit box but all of the icons (photo attach, etc.) are completely missing from above the edit box.Also, unable to edit my account details or community profile. Selecting either of these on My Profile page results in no action other than the box highlighting a light gray color.Can not scroll through items at top of Home Page using mouse. Clicking on the left or right arrows does nothing.Any help is greatly appreciated!Thanks,Jay

What browser are you using? There have been a lot of problems with Internet Explorer lately.

Jay, try updating your browser with new stuff they put out.....    MSN updates etc.... or switch to firefox or Google Chrome....    I quit using IE awhile back and have no problems... 

Jay...

I agree with the switch to Chrome...IE sucks...

You will like it!!!

Then get them pics up!!!

Craig

Thanks for all the feedback guys! Can't change browsers on the work computer but will do it at home if issues persist there. I'll check when I get home from work tonight. Thanks again! Jay
Soooo you not working at work???

Hahahahahaa

Craig

Nope. Back to the grind. The five days in Tahoe were real nice though.

Boy, must have been having a post vacation stroke with my above reply!

Craig, I swear it was the first time I sat down all day!

Usually don't have time for breaks, lunch, well you know.  
icon_lol.gif

Last edited:
Loaded Google Chrome on home computer and made default browser but still having issues inserting images.

At least I have the icon menu above the edit window now.

But after selecting an image to insert, even if it's one that I've previously used on this forum, instead of a photo showing up in the editor window this is what I get:

View media item 231504
Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks again,

Jay

the picture will appear when you submit the reply.. mine does that as well... you can click on preview before submitting the reply just to make sure it's there... you will see the picture in preview

the picture will appear when you submit the reply.. mine does that as well... you can click on preview before submitting the reply just to make sure it's there... you will see the picture in preview
This was happening to me while starting a new thread. Never had the issue before. Was afraid to continue with the new thread because it was going to be fairly long with more than a dozen photos. Would have hated to post it and not get the pictures.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky