My Wood Burner

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Every Man (and woman) has to name their Toy! Unlike automobiles that are always a girls name.......Smokers inheritely have Masculine names.

Being a retired Fire Officer, mine is appropriately named "Backfire". Also being born'd and raised from the South, with deep family roots in Florida and Georgia, I would have gone with "General Lee". But hey............that's just me! :twisted:

Jeff

lol, y'all are too funny. marvin, the brisket was very good. tim, i posted a pic in the "color of smokers" thread, in the "other resources" section. here it is again, though.
*note: i had not mounted my thermometers in the door yet when i took this pic after painting it.*

Chris,
It looks like a dandy! It is a wise smoking man that exits his stack from the bottom, or at least from the middle of the end opposite the firebox. I bet there's not more than a 5* difference in grate temp from one end to the other.

Jeff,
Mine's name is Betsy. Does that make me gay? (Not a very masculine name) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tim

Well........................it is better than Bruce. :shock:

By masculine, I did not necessarily mean just any Dudes name. Yours is the first Smoker (I'm aware of) that you couldn't drive, named Betsy. :lol: Most smoker names are related to the guys profession, hobbie or heritage.

I'll give you a pass, this time, Dickey!

Jeff

Uh, oh...............he's rolling his eyes at me!
wink.gif

Jeff

Dickey I would really like to come up with the smoker but thats a long way from home. Ill just fire it up here and be there in smoke signals.

Gunslinger that is a cast iron door, its supposed to be from a 1939 boiler a friend bought it at a antique store and gave it to me for the smoker. That door is two pieces the whole center comes loose.

When I can take another pic gunslinger Ill show you how it stands out better since I painted the center with a darker red metal flake paint and the old water pump mounted on the fire box along with the texas star Im mounting on the wood box. I keep adding here and there and its sure hard to keep it looking new.

Royma here is my wood burner it is not reverse flow bur works great, this may give you some ideas hope it helps.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky