My UDS (pic heavy)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rickw

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Sep 1, 2008
The Peoples Republic of IL.
Hi guys. Here's a big thanks to all that shared their info on the UDS so others, like me, could have the knowledge to attempt one their self. I was gathering parts for the UDS for a few weeks and this weekend finally got it built. Here is some pics of the progress and final result.

I had a hard time with the Weber lid fitting so with some bending and banging this is how I figure to use it. I have to have my smoked turkey.

I did a test burn with 9 lbs of charcoal and after 9 hours it was still holding on at 210 degree. I had to hit the sack so I really don't know how long it really did last.

Once again a big thanks to all.

During the test burn I was messing with the gate valve to see how easy it would be to control. I could lower and raise the temps around 20 degrees or so with just a small amount of adjustment. I have plans on a smoke this Sunday so that will be the big test

Very nice Rick... you did one h3ll of a job!!!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

looks real nice with that kettle lid on there. good job! do you have any moe pics from the build? are you gonna make anymore mods?
thanks,
guv

Nice! And Bubba did an extended intake once...he din't like it. But he din't heed my advice to increase it's diameter due to pipe length and laminar airflow characteristics in conjunction with thermodynamic convection considerations. Figgers. ;{)

Nice work my friend. Your determination paid off bigtime.

Thanks folks for all great comments. This morning I added a shelf and access holes for a digital thermometer or two. Here's a pic of how it turned out.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky