my pork Qview............

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bob1961

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
May 15, 2010
lackawaxen, PA.
started charcol at 8am today and had my temp up to 245* in 30 min....

8937c13c_smoker%20015.jpg

3df9ee98_smoker%20016.jpg

used a piece of flashing to lower smoke stack to rack level....

c27e8eba_smoker%20014.jpg

i have that perdy TBS just a flowin out the stack....

4d65b0d9_smoker%20012.jpg

my pork just on the grill....

da4a8f16_smoker%20013.jpg

10am it hit 105* and started the apple juice spray for every hour now till it get foiled....tossed a couple apple chunks also at 10am to get some flavor rolling with the apple juice spray....i want to thank all who have help me with there tips up to this point, stay tuned for more pork delight............bob

Last edited:
thx for the info....only one other forum i go to has this forums picture feature from your cpu....as of 1pm i have 160* of the pork temp, getting ready to foil it soon as it hits 165*..........bob

f28ef7df_smoker%20017.jpg

b5e33a53_smoker%20018.jpg

Congrats, your pics look great.

well i just foiled it at 165* 15 minutes ago and now it's at 169*....just waiting for the stall now, lol.............bob

Good luck!

Sometimes you won't get a stall much at all and it'll go right through.  Just make sure your probe went back in to the same spot and it's not sticking through or hitting foil on the end.

i didn't pull the probe out of the pork, just wrapped the foil around it and i have 3 layers of regular foil on it....it's at 187 now after 7.5 hours, i'm gettin real hungry now
rolleyes.gif
 .........bob

well the pork reached 200* and now is in the cooler in a towel....start to finish with no temp stall in 8 hours "BOO-YAHHH", come on 6pm dinner bell....i'll have pulled pic's then.........bob

well after going into a food coma from eating too much in one sitting and taken bout a 30 min nap, lmao....

my finishing sauce was made from....

1/4 cup budwieser brand BB-Q sauce
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup apple juice
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp course black pepper
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp powdered mustard

bring apple juice and cider to a soft boil then melt brown sugar into it, then add the rest of the ingrediants....i should have let it boil longer then i did to allow it to get thicker but it was good as i did it....boil it how ever long you want....

here is the pork after it came from the cooler, then pulled and on the roll...........bob

094f1f17_smoker%20019.jpg

17ee0704_smoker%20020.jpg

32ae9fa1_smoker%20021.jpg

Reactions: jbg4208
that pan juice is left over apple juice from spray when i foiled it, by the time i pulled it all down it sucked it all up....tasted great, but even better with my own flare of finishing sauce....it was like my tonge and the pork were having sex in my mouth
icon_redface.gif
 .............bob

OMG that is fantastic looking !  I have yet to do a shoulder (butt) but I'm gonna do one I think on Fri.  What is the "time per lb." formula ?  & yeah I know it depends on the temps. too.....

Thx,

Scott

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky