my pork Qview............

Discussion in 'Pork' started by bob1961, May 26, 2010.

1. bob1961

bob1961 Smoking Fanatic

started charcol at 8am today and had my temp up to 245* in 30 min....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

used a piece of flashing to lower smoke stack to rack level....

[​IMG]

i have that perdy TBS just a flowin out the stack....

[​IMG]

my pork just on the grill....

[​IMG]

10am it hit 105* and started the apple juice spray for every hour now till it get foiled....tossed a couple apple chunks also at 10am to get some flavor rolling with the apple juice spray....i want to thank all who have help me with there tips up to this point, stay tuned for more pork delight............bob

Last edited: May 26, 2010
  2. diesel

diesel Smoking Fanatic

3. bob1961

bob1961 Smoking Fanatic

thx for the info....only one other forum i go to has this forums picture feature from your cpu....as of 1pm i have 160* of the pork temp, getting ready to foil it soon as it hits 165*..........bob

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. richoso1

richoso1 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Congrats, your pics look great.

5. bob1961

bob1961 Smoking Fanatic

well i just foiled it at 165* 15 minutes ago and now it's at 169*....just waiting for the stall now, lol.............bob

6. indyadmin1974

indyadmin1974 Smoking Fanatic

Good luck!

Sometimes you won't get a stall much at all and it'll go right through.  Just make sure your probe went back in to the same spot and it's not sticking through or hitting foil on the end.

7. flbobecu

flbobecu Smoking Fanatic

Lookin' good! Very good! 

8. bob1961

bob1961 Smoking Fanatic

i didn't pull the probe out of the pork, just wrapped the foil around it and i have 3 layers of regular foil on it....it's at 187 now after 7.5 hours, i'm gettin real hungry now [​IMG]  .........bob

9. bob1961

bob1961 Smoking Fanatic

well the pork reached 200* and now is in the cooler in a towel....start to finish with no temp stall in 8 hours "BOO-YAHHH", come on 6pm dinner bell....i'll have pulled pic's then.........bob

10. Looks awesome so far!

11. caveman

caveman Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

You know, I have not had a decent stall on any meat I have smoked yet.  I guess I am fortunate that way or California meat is different from Midwest or East Coast meat.  Good looking pics.  Can't wait to see the finished product.

12. realtorterry

realtorterry Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

nice job there bob. Im wotking one now,but im still at 150

13. bob1961

bob1961 Smoking Fanatic

well after going into a food coma from eating too much in one sitting and taken bout a 30 min nap, lmao....

my finishing sauce was made from....

1/4 cup budwieser brand BB-Q sauce
    1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
    1/2 cup apple juice
    2 tbsp brown sugar
    1 tsp course black pepper
    1 tsp paprika
    1/2 tsp powdered mustard

bring apple juice and cider to a soft boil then melt brown sugar into it, then add the rest of the ingrediants....i should have let it boil longer then i did to allow it to get thicker but it was good as i did it....boil it how ever long you want....

here is the pork after it came from the cooler, then pulled and on the roll...........bob

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

jbg4208 likes this.
  14. jak757

jak757 Smoking Fanatic Group Lead

Tasty looking PP you have there!  Love all that juicy goodness in the pan!!

15. I would hit that  [​IMG]

16. bob1961

bob1961 Smoking Fanatic

that pan juice is left over apple juice from spray when i foiled it, by the time i pulled it all down it sucked it all up....tasted great, but even better with my own flare of finishing sauce....it was like my tonge and the pork were having sex in my mouth [​IMG]  .............bob

17. diesel

diesel Smoking Fanatic

Good looking stuff ... and good picts. 

18. treegje

treegje Master of the Pit

That had to be good

19. ondagawood

ondagawood Smoke Blower

OMG that is fantastic looking !  I have yet to do a shoulder (butt) but I'm gonna do one I think on Fri.  What is the "time per lb." formula ?  & yeah I know it depends on the temps. too.....

Thx,

Scott

20. rdknb

rdknb Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

very nice well done