My new toy has arrived

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
That's what the missus said[emoji]128536[/emoji]
boom Boom
drool.gif

By the way Kiska, I ordered the Kosher Salt on Thursday evening and it arrived this morning, thanks for the recommendation, I appreciate  it

Last edited:
New set of boards overnighted from the USA. Hopefully these will fix it. The last ones had the same problem. It seems there was a faulty batch. CookShack Tech Support are very helpful.

Ya know, I heard adding more water usually makes things work.

Man, I am feeling your frustration. Hang in there.
We tried that already. I had it loaded with trays half full of water to simulate meat without any luck.

I cannot fault Cookshack - they have been so helpful and are as frustrated with it as I am. I think they are going to swap it out.

Although it isn't working yet I will give them 10/10 for customer service so far 
icon14.gif

We tried that already. I had it loaded with trays half full of water to simulate meat without any luck.

I cannot fault Cookshack - they have been so helpful and are as frustrated with it as I am. I think they are going to swap it out.

Although it isn't working yet I will give them 10/10 for customer service so far 
icon14.gif

That sounds like Masterbuilt. Their CSR is so good, you just hate to call and tell 'em its broke again. LOL

Maybe a daft one but the post from the cool shack forum said iced water?

Maybe a daft one but the post from the cool shack forum said iced water?
We even tried it with a twist of lemon
biggrin.gif
. I drew the line at the suggestion of adding Gin though.

A loan unit is being shipped to me today so that I can cater for the 400+ on Saturday. My replacement unit has now been manufactured and as we speak is winging its way air-freight from Cookshack USA. Hopefully it will be fine as they have carried out more extensive QC testing on it before it was shipped 
icon14.gif
. Hoping to receive it early next week.

Hope Joyce will be by your side in a wing (Wo) man support role!

X £6.00 a sarnie giz a job!

We have just finished taking the membrane off and applying rub to 20 full racks of meaty ribs, applied rub to 30 lots of rib trimmings and applied rub to 8 full boned pork shoulders.

The shoulders will be smoked tomorrow (Friday) and the ribs early morning Saturday.

The options are:
  • Pulled Pork in a brioche bun with coleslaw
  • Pork Ribs (2) with BBQ Beans

Hi Wade,

Seriously now have you got some sort of calculator for how much to cook for a certain number of guests?

We have just finished taking the membrane off and applying rub to 20 full racks of meaty ribs, applied rub to 30 lots of rib trimmings and applied rub to 8 full boned pork shoulders.

The shoulders will be smoked tomorrow (Friday) and the ribs early morning Saturday.

The options are:
  • Pulled Pork in a brioche bun with coleslaw
  • Pork Ribs (2) with BBQ Beans
I'll take one of each.

Seriously, good luck, I figure you're due.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky