My new toy has arrived

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hello Wade.  Was that 6 WHOLE sausages???  And you cooked them ALL by yourself?  I see your skills are improving grasshopper.  Soon you will be able to snatch the pebble from my hand.  
ROTF.gif
  Congats on the new toy!  Sorry you are having troubles.  Did you kick it and call it nasty names??  If you have then you have done all I can advise.  REAL MEN don't read the book but maybe Dave has a point!  At some point ya gotta admit defeat and read ( or re-read ) tha book.  Just don't tell anyone.  Read it at night in the dark with a torch so no one knows.

Can't wait to see that dude in action!  Good luck with fixing the problem.  I am sure you will get it sorted.  Keep Smokin!

Danny

Hi Wade, I have pulled up the manual on line and read it for you. Unless you are setting a cooking time (one hour in your Case) or a product temperature, there should be no reason for the smoker to stop, as the smoker in each mode should go into hold mode. Possibly the hold setting is too low, but as it says it will hold until turned off manually.

Would hope you have you feet up now with a relaxing drink, only 12 hours to wait for professional help.

Wade, afternoon.... It's 105 F here now.... got my hay baled and waiting to find out how you are making out.... By the way, I'm on my second ICE COLD beer while I wait......

That's bad news..... Soooooooo, you probably don't have air conditioning in your pub's either.... no American baseball, no American football, no Nascar...... BUT you do have the Isle of Mann.... that's cool... I did own a TR6-R 650 Triumph waaaaaay back when I was into speed biking.....

Wade, afternoon.... It's 105 F here now.... got my hay baled and waiting to find out how you are making out.... By the way, I'm on my second ICE COLD beer while I wait......
I could have done with a few cold beers yesterday. I have been lining the smoking shed with aluminium sheet for fire resistance (stainless steel was just too expensive) and it must have been 105 F in there for most of the day LOL. I also had to widen the shed door a little as, when it arrived, the smoker was several centimeters wider than the ones I saw published. Still, when it gets going it should we worth it and I will post photos 
icon14.gif

Hello Wade.  Was that 6 WHOLE sausages???  And you cooked them ALL by yourself?  
Yes I did all 6 at once. There was no point not pushing it to its limits 
biggrin.gif

Hi Wade, I have pulled up the manual on line and read it for you. Unless you are setting a cooking time (one hour in your Case) or a product temperature, there should be no reason for the smoker to stop, as the smoker in each mode should go into hold mode. Possibly the hold setting is too low, but as it says it will hold until turned off manually.
Yes it appears to be idiot proof. Maybe I have just proved that wrong 
biggrin.gif

Hello My Friend.  NOTHING is idiot proof!  I have proved that MANY times in my life!  
icon_biggrin.gif
  I have faith in ya mate.  You will get there. The shed door:  TYPICAL isn't it.  Those dimensions do not include the hinges and handles which protrude an extra 18" either side!!!!  
hissyfit.gif
  Keep Smokin!

Danny

Not yet. Darren is consulting the guys in the US as they have not seen this problem before - It is a new version of the controller though. It looks as if I may be getting a new controller unit but we will hopefully find out tomorrow. Darren is being incredibly helpful and I am sure that this glitch will be sorted very soon.

Actually the stainless steel cabinet was built in the USA and I have the signatures of each of the welders who put it together on the quality certificate. Unfortunately one was called "Rusty" LOL

Yes, the controller was almost certainly put together by our Asian friends though.

Its a shame, great products, great service but constantly getting let down by a weak link!

Awesome Wade! I've always wanted to smoke lamb, it's a bit expensive to cock up though haha, a nice mint and garlic rub, chuck some Rosemary on the coals for a bit more flavour, I really must get round to it!
Did this shoulder a couple of months back on the weber with cherry wood, should have taken the IT a bit higher as it was a bit chewey in places, but it still got eaten.

Actually the stainless steel cabinet was built in the USA and I have the signatures of each of the welders who put it together on the quality certificate. Unfortunately one was called "Rusty" LOL

Yes, the controller was almost certainly put together by our Asian friends though.
Sorry for the Hijack, so have we heard anything yet?

<Chuckles>  Case suggests you try adding more water.  Sorry I couldn't help myself.

I had actually been thinking about one of those, ( although not the commercial industrial extra heavy duty sized smoker).

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky