My First Smokeouse

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
[h1]I pick this one because you can adjust and it starts at 50F just in case I want to cold smoke.. [/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]3" River Country (RC-T3W) Adjustable Professional BBQ, Grill, Smoker Thermometer (50 to 550F)[/h1]
  • Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Construction
  • Professional Grade Internal Components
  • Easy to Read 3" Color Coded Dial which shows exact temperature (50-550 Degrees Fahrenheit)
  • Adjustable with complete mounting instructions & hardware included
  • 2 ½ Inch long stem with 1/2 NPT mounting or 13/16 std hole

Hey Pignut  , Is that fiberglass board on the bottom part of the smokehouse? Great looking smoker
Chefboyrd..I missed your question...lol This may be more info than you wanted..I laid out cinder blocks for 4' x 4' inside dim. Then leveled and mortared them together ...put 8 cinch anchors down for 2 x 8 treated bottom plate..then filled with 60-40 dirt...allowing 2 1/2" for concrete at top..after poring concrete ordered fire brick and installed..Then put cement board 18" up on wall inside..

Smoking Again..White Cloud's step by step Jerky ....Bear's step by step Bacon on a Stick...And Jeff's way to cook Brisket..

Used the flat of brisket to make Jerky and smoked the point..

3 lbs Brisket meat to start White Cloud's recipe.

Pork on a stick ..Bear's recipe..

Smoke point of brisket in pan per Jeff's instructions....

Reactions: Bearcarver

Smoking Again..White Cloud's step by step Jerky ....Bear's step by step Bacon on a Stick...And Jeff's way to cook Brisket..

Used the flat of brisket to make Jerky and smoked the point..

3 lbs Brisket meat to start White Cloud's recipe.

Pork on a stick ..Bear's recipe..

Smoke point of brisket in pan per Jeff's instructions....
Wow---You're sure making a lot of Tasty looking Vittles!!!
drool.gif
-----------
points.gif

Bear

Thanks Bear..

My smokehouse still needs some tweaking..having trouble getting it above 200 F..I need a little more heat for Brisket..   

Cranking out some good looking stuff in that new smoke house

Nice Job  
points1.png

Gary

I'm in    Love that Canadian Bacon

Gary

Beautiful smoke house! I hope the county doesn't find out and tags you with an extra $5000 worth of assets on the property. 

Beautiful Color, great looking CB   Nice Job  
points1.png

Gary

Thanks Gary.. the taste is great.. We are doing pork and beef sausage this afternoon..

Thanks for all comments..

Yesterday we made Pork & Beef unstuffed Sausage sticks 78% pork & 22% beef...Three 5 lb batches...4 hours smoke time..

1) recipe ...Bear's recipe with changes..

Ingredients:

5 lbs Pork & Beef (ground--78/22) using pork butt..

7 1/2 level tsp (2 1/2 TBS) of TQ

3 tsp Black Pepper

1 1/2 tsp of Mustard Seed

1 Heaping TBS of Crushed Red Pepper

1 tsp of Garlic Powder

1 tbs of Italian Seasoning

2) My old copy cat Jimmy Dean Recipe for hot pan sausage..

Ingredients:

5 lbs Pork & Beef (ground--78/22)

7 1/2 level tsp (2 1/2 TBS) of TQ

1 tsp Black Pepper

1 1/2 tsp of Sage

1 TBS of Crushed Red Pepper

1 TBS Cayenne pepper

1 1/2 tsp of Coriander

It's hard to say which one is best..

My Sausage has the Five Spices that are highest in Vitamin K....I've uncovered a Nobel Prize-winning vitamin proven to sweep calcium out of your arteries — for normal, healthy blood pressure.

In a landmark Rotterdam Study, researchers gave a unique form of vitamin K to 4,807 men aged 55 and older. 

They found that the study participants who had the highest intake of vitamin K had a stunning 52% decrease in calcium deposits in their blood vessels — and a 41% lower risk of serious cardiovascular problems.

But they found that vitamin K not only removes calcium from your arteries. It also protects the "elastin" in your blood vessels — which helps keep your arteries from becoming stiff.

In other words, vitamin K gives you flexible, clean-as-a-whistle arteries... normal blood flow... and blessedly healthy blood pressure...

http://nutritiondata.self.com/foods-000104000000000000000-w.html

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky