My First Smokeouse

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pignut hickory

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jan 17, 2016
I live in south east Texas on thirteen acres raise  sheep and chickens.For my smoke house wood I am using pignut hickory a hard wood a little harder than pecan and a little softer than hickory..We cut four trees 1 pine,1 pignut hickory,and 2 cypress on our land and had a band saw mill come to our home and cut lumber ..we got 2600 board feet of lumber..we will use pignut and cypress on smokehouse..

I will be posting pictures along the way and would love any suggestions along the way..

Looking Good, Pignut !!! 
points.gif

Is that a lake behind the Smokehouse???

Or my imagination?

Bear

Now that's a nice guy,  But he is from Texas after all  !!!!     
icon14.gif

icon_smile.gif

beercheer.gif

Gary

That is a really nice build already :) 

Sounds interesting on the wood chips :) I am in Houston, TX how far is that from you :)

Soren

Freiesleben.I'm at Bon Wier on LA/TX border 149 miles from you...We do sell blueberries you pick $6.00 ..so if you or your wife like blueberries June may be a good time to come .. 

Sounds really good, unfortunately we will be moving back to Denmark end May, so will not be able to make June, that would have been nice though :)

Now that's a cool smoke house  Love your design  
points1.png

Gary

Thanks Gary..Looks like no work today ..It's been raining all night with no end in sight..

Thanks Gary..Looks like no work today ..It's been raining all night with no end in sight..
Yeah you guys got the rain it missed us stayed south,  it was in the low 70's yesterday 40 right now

Sure going to have a nice smoker

Gary

Hey Gary

Wife just cooked me an egg,green onion sausage,and sauerkraut breakfast burrito..and it sure was good ..a first time recipe..

I really like the way it turned out  Nice Job   
points1.png

Gary

Thanks Gary it was a test smoke run...should get all my thermometers Thursday..

Beautiful Job, Pignut!!!!
icon14.gif
-----------------
points.gif

I love it!!
icon14.gif

Can't wait to see all the Awesome Smokes you're gonna put through that thing!!! 

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky