My first legs (Jeff's "Monsters"), first injection, and first water pan smoke

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrontoBurger

Original poster
May 30, 2018
Pacific NW
I need to keep working with injection: I did some homemade wing sauce but didn't really get enough of it into the drumsticks. There's the whole "backwash" effect (for lack of a better term, lol) that causes the sauce to come flying out of the injector holes when you pull it out for repositioning. The smoke itself was good and the meat moist, but lacking flavor. I still have a small hunk of beef rib in the WSM--it's had about a six hour stint.

I finally now understand the positioning of the water pan. And got a reminder that working around hot coals while barefoot is not a idea. Ahem.

In any case: Pretty picture......

Attachments

• legs.jpg
    legs.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 28
Reactions: gmc2003
I use the small needle that has the exit only on the end for chicken , or small items . The large needle with no exit on the end , but holes on the barrel I use for larger items .

Chicken looks tasty to me. Nice color on the skin.

Point for sure..

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky