my first brisket ever...QVIEW WITH FINISHED PRODUCT

Discussion in 'Beef' started by ralphbrown05, Aug 7, 2010.

1. ok here it is, a nine pound packer that i got from wally world for about 18 bucks...not sure if thats good or bad considering that this is my first one...i rubbed it with salt, garlic powder, onion powder adobo, and some mckormicks (check spelling) sweet and smokey rub...then layed it fat side down in the pan and poured some worchestshire sauce over it and let it sit that way for a couple hours then turned it over fat side up...i rubbed both sides with the seasonings, put it in the smoker at 230-250, for a UFC party thats tonight...so hopefully itll turn out good...yall pray for me that this turns out good...

happy smoking

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

here it is after 3 hours in the smoker...using apple wood chips, and mopped with apple cider vinegar, worsh sauce, brown sugar, and onion powder...lookin good so far but in for a loooong day..

Last edited: Aug 7, 2010
  2. oh forgot to post something, but what are some good suggestions for "burnt ends"

3. Pics of it sliced up would have been great

4. cwalk...its not cooked yet...those are pics before going in...

5. well hell I hate to see what it looks like after its done. Look like its ready to eat now. I better lay off the cold ones.

6. ok when it comes time to slice it...hopefully around 6 or 7 tonight hopefully...but i see that your spose to cut against the grain..so do i slice as if im cutting it in half or what...im cooking for about 6 or 7 ppl and i dont want to mess it up..thanks guys

happy smoking

7. danielh

danielh Meat Mopper

No,, it will be sliced like its sitting in the pics..  If you look at the 2nd pic, see what looks like lines in the meat from the top left to the bottom right of the pic?  Thats the grain.  You want to slice perpendicular from that.  Which would be from the bottom left to the top right of the pic. 

8. dave54

dave54 Smoking Fanatic

after it's done pull off the point and cut it into 1 inch cubes .throw on some more rub

and put it back on the smoker for a couple more hours and dont share them lol

9. [​IMG]

here it is after 5 hours...i hope it taste as good as it smells...

10. Damn that looks so good!! I cant wait to see the inside,   [​IMG]

11. old poi dog

old poi dog Master of the Pit OTBS Member

+1

12. jaxgatorz

jaxgatorz Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Hey Ralph.. Looks awesome.. I thought i smelled a brisket cooking in the area..[​IMG]

13. yea it sure does smell good...what temp should i wrap it in foil?

14. jaxgatorz

jaxgatorz Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Most folks foil around the 160-170 range..

15. eman

eman Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member

wrap around 165 deg. On the burnt ends i cube the point in bite size pieces, Pieces into foil pan , Heavy dusting of rub and some sweet sauce. toss or stir to make sure that it all gets a good coating and back on the smoker for around 2 to 3 hours. Resulting in some great meat candy.

16. [​IMG]

ok here it is sitting at 154, before it got wrapped in foil..i couldnt resist so i tried a piece of fat and let me tell you...its like sex in your mouth...and no im not kidding

17. realtorterry

realtorterry Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

[​IMG]

18. ok the brisket is at 174 right now...i figure another 12 more degrees and itll be ready to go...then its resting time, then time to start on my home made mac n cheese

19. dauntless

dauntless Meat Mopper

Looks great, can not wait to see the end result! I have been wanting to try one of these for awhile now

20. from what ive seen from it so far, and tasting the fat...words cant describe on how good it is..