My first 80Gal RF build... This is going to be a blast!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
For anyone having problems with their door having a gap here is my two-cents. My CC door had exactly a one-inch gap at the bottom. When I cut the hinge with a cut off wheel on their back sides (connects to tank not the door flange) The door popped and seated itself. The gap between the hinge and its previous weld was exactly 1/4 inches... Much thanks to all who gave me help on getting the door issue squared up....

The pipe is 4ft tall and is just sitting in place. The drawing calls for 25-30 inches so do I need to consider how far below the top of the tank the plenum sits then make up the difference?? Give me a little help guys.... YeeHaa I'm getting closer to puffin some saaMoke

Alaska, evening......   Stack height above the CC is what is recommended.....  what ever is below the top of the CC is what it is..... 

Dave

Alaska, I have really enjoyed watching your build, getting so close you can almost smell the smoke.

Gary

Lookin' my-t-fine.... Is that the clamp to hold the door gasket in place... The big square gravity clamp... sitting on the door.... I have a few just like it....

Dave

Lookin' my-t-fine.... Is that the clamp to hold the door gasket in place... The big square gravity clamp... sitting on the door.... I have a few just like it....

Dave
I wanted to keep the gasket in place and allow it to set up. The instructions said to let it set for a couple hours and since I had a Hockey Game to go to it worked perfect. That chunk of steel is nothing but my weight. Oh by the way we got our butts handed to us by Ontario California so I should have stayed in the shop and listened to the radio. Gonna go back tonight for game 2 of 3. 

Just wondering what OD size that exhaust was, I'v been following this build and it's really nice, good job
Hello Mister Smoker…. The pipe has an ID of 4 and I believe its wall thickness is maybe 3/16 The pipe in my previous photo is not connected, its just sitting in place while I was dreaming of how good it will look puffing smoke. I see that you are from Albuquerque, so you know about Lotta Burger down on 4th…. Thanks for keeping an eye on my build and have a great New Years Celebration

Good afternoon everyone.... I got a lot done this weekend mainly to to my two helpers Diablo and Guapo AKA The Heelers

The top of the FB got insulated.

Then I got the external cover all buttoned up.

Now it's time to start my trailer.
Had to bring in my helpers to assist me with getting the trailer squared.
Everything is tacked in place so tonight I'm slinging sparks...... Have a great evening everyone..

Looking great, Alaska! And the Heelers too. I'm only familiar with the Blues, is that a red?? My buddy has a couple blues down here in Texas. As far as Alaska goes, I spent 2 years as a young teen in the Aleutians on Adak in the 70's; I'm a former Navy brat. Enjoyed the fishing and wildlife but got down south to the heat as quick as I could!! haha  Happy New Year to Ya.

Alaska, evening.... the hole for the exhaust looks a little on the small side... Maybe it's the angle of the picture... Dave

Looking great, Alaska! And the Heelers too. I'm only familiar with the Blues, is that a red?? My buddy has a couple blues down here in Texas. As far as Alaska goes, I spent 2 years as a young teen in the Aleutians on Adak in the 70's; I'm a former Navy brat. Enjoyed the fishing and wildlife but got down south to the heat as quick as I could!! haha  Happy New Year to Ya.
Yep the youngster is a Red and he is quite the handful. Adak...You must still be leaning sideways after being at that armpit but they had a McDonalds. If you ever get up this way again be sure to give me a shout.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky