My 2cents on the latest pork trend...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tlcase

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Oct 9, 2011
Conrad, IA
Noting new here but....yep, these "Pork Shots" or "Pork Candy" are incredbly simple and quite possibly nature's perfect food.

509014e0_DSC05761.jpg

I have a holiday potluck at the office tomorrow so I figured I'd give them a try. I just used some store bought rub.

85fc0f69_DSC05762.jpg

All loaded up.

e039ebb9_DSC05763.jpg

Can't wait for two hours at 220.

a60a1e73_DSC05765.jpg

They smell amazing.

23746827_DSC05769.jpg

And taste even better! I made 50 of them but the wife and I put 5 of them down before I removed the toothpicks and stacked them in a crock pot. Hopefully they heat up well tomorrow.

Those are awesome!  I hope my other half doesn't see those?  So far I am getting by with just making her pig candy. 
biggrin.gif

Good luck and good smoking.

I've got 50+ people coming on Saturday and I think I need to make up a mess of these to go along with the butts I'll be doing on Friday.  If these taste half as good as they look, I'm all in!

Curt.

icon_cool.gif

Yes indeed thoses are some fine appetizers. I have to do some for a friends 50th party.

In case anyone is wondering, they warmed up nice in the crock pot and disappeared quickly. These will be a regular for sure.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky