My 1st Chuckie.....what a day!!!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I don't know if I'm an oddball or if others also enjoy smoking them a lot less done then the 205* pull temps that seem so popular. I did one a few weeks ago that actually had some pink in it and it was amazing. The texture and flavor was wonderful! Maybe I was just lucky with  nice piece of meat but I have done this several times and so far so good.

I tried my first brisket yesterday and it was less then spectacular. Good flavor but dry. It seemed to hit a stall from hell and went way past the expected coking time. To make things worse I let the water pan go dry. Even so the flavor is good. I've been eating it as finger food and it has a jerky / slim Jim quality that is growing on me.
 Maybe you had a Chuck Loin or Underblade. They are tenderer cut of meat and could possible handle lower temps.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky