MULE'S BEEF SNACK STICKS WITH QVIEW USING THE MES 40 AND AMNPS

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
4000 posts! Congratulations! Sticks look beautiful.
Thanks Todd. Maybe I need to get a life other than smoking
grilling_smilie.gif
and cars

David

mes 40 w/amnps? what kind sir may this be? and what were cooking time and temps.i'm kinda thinking you did a cold smoke? hence the tender quick?

Brian

MES40= masterbuilt electric smoker 40 inch

AMNPS is a-mazen-pellet smoke Generator. It burns pellets or saw dust to generate smoke. It will allow you to cold smoke or you canhot smoke using the heat from your smoker. Everyone should have one.

It was a warm to hot smoke. Started at 100° then kicked up the temp every hour. The tender quick is because it would be in the danger zone to long. Longer than 4 hours between 40° and 140°

Happy smoken.

David

David looks great you have inspired me to do more this weekend to get stock ready for Elk Camp 30th thru 8th of Sept our camp can do some damage on Snack Sticks. LOL Yours are awesome.

Thanks

David looks great you have inspired me to do more this weekend to get stock ready for Elk Camp 30th thru 8th of Sept our camp can do some damage on Snack Sticks. LOL Yours are awesome.

Thanks
Thanks for the kind words. I now wish I had doubled the batch. I did get them cut and vacuum sealed today. they taste better after a nap. I'm thinking Elk would make GREAT sticks
th_dunno-1%5B1%5D.gif

Not much Elk hunting here
781.gif
. I think they draw 18 or so permitts
th_crybaby2.gif

Happy smoken.

David

Into the LEM 5# with 3/8" tube

Tryed going naked. It wasn't showing me the love I wanted. It would have gone better with another set of hands.

I have to sayMMMMMMM these are better than the ones in casings....A little over cooked, But a great deep smoke flavor....

I switched to LEM 19mm Mahogany colagen casings. I also added about 8 oz. of cold water. Made the stuffing go much better.

Still not sure which pellet I will use.

Into the project fridge for a nap.

More to come.

Happy smoken.

David

Leave it to me to show up late to the party... I bet you didn't even save me any..
th_crybaby2.gif
      Looks absolutely delicious but you leave poor Bambi out of this.  lol    Save a deer.. go fishin!

So when's my care package arriving full of smoked sticks?

Yet another great job my friend. 

Leave it to me to show up late to the party... I bet you didn't even save me any..
th_crybaby2.gif
      Looks absolutely delicious but you leave poor Bambi out of this.  lol    Save a deer.. go fishin!

So when's my care package arriving full of smoked sticks?

Yet another great job my friend. 
thanks for the kind words.

781.gif

Thanks for the kind words. I know you rolled yours out by hand. I'm thinking next batch I will try the larger tube and naked.

David
Yup--In my Step by Step, I rolled them by hand, but other times I used my 5 LB Stuffer (3/4" tube), but I had Mrs Bear turn the crank, while I gently eased them out, pinching them off at lengths needed. Without the 3rd hand it would be hard to keep them from breaking.

Eventually I went to the Bear Loaves & Mini-Bear Loaves----Much quicker & easier.

Bear

Yup--In my Step by Step, I rolled them by hand, but other times I used my 5 LB Stuffer (3/4" tube), but I had Mrs Bear turn the crank, while I gently eased them out, pinching them off at lengths needed. Without the 3rd hand it would be hard to keep them from breaking.

Eventually I went to the Bear Loaves & Mini-Bear Loaves----Much quicker & easier.

Bear
Next time I will have extra hands. I like the crust or bark on the outside. That's why I'm thinking small.

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky