Muenster with the AMNPS in my Smoke Vault (update-ready to eat)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
That looks Great Al !!!!

Polly want a cracker!!!

Bear Want one too!!!  
biggrin.gif

Bear

Hey Bear, Your back!

I guess you weathered Irene, looks like there's another one that's gonna be headed your way the end of next week.

Great thread, cheese and crackers look great! I'm not a scotch fan, but I had the luxury of having johnny walker blue on the rocks.  Wow, that stuff is terribly smooth! 

Great thread, cheese and crackers look great! I'm not a scotch fan, but I had the luxury of having johnny walker blue on the rocks.  Wow, that stuff is terribly smooth! 

Thank-you!

I came close to buying myself a bottle of JW Blue on my 65th birthday, but just couldn't swing it. 66 is coming up in Nov. & I'm in a little better financial shape now so it may happen this year.

That cheese looks perfect! Just added Muenster to my growing list of cheeses to smoke. The weather here in Iowa is starting to get very nice. Sunny and low to mid 70's Sunday and Monday. Lets see, Kielbassa in the MES 40 w/ AMNPS & Hickory and Cheese in the GOSM w/ AMNS & Peach. I think I see a plan starting to come together.

I am sitting here Chuckling to my self. Self i say there has got to be some very patient guys here. To wait for a couple of weeks to try out smoked any thing is something i just do not have the patients to do. I have to dig in just as soon as it come out of the smoker. Never had a bitter PC of cheese yet however i have never tried the pellets yet. Will give them a try this coming Sunday just for the heck of it. I use sawdust and wine or apple juice.

I love smoked Cream cheese (I wrap in cheese cloth) and baked taters.

Man that's good stuff.

Love that smoked cheese.
Looks-Great.gif

Karl

The first time i smoked cheese i tried a slice as soon as it came out the smoker. It was so nasty,  tasted like i was licking the inside of my MES.

I almost tossed 4 lbs of cheese . I knew i had done the smoke like i had been told so  went back and read the directions again. Saw the part about aging in the fridge that time. Done cheese a couple of times since and to my taste buds 3 weeks is the perfect aging time b4 eating.

I agree eman, it seems to get even better the longer it ages, I keep smoking bigger batches so it will last longer & age more.

Just smoked up 10 lbs of sliced sandwich American and Swiss. Used a pellet burner and never got above 90 degrees which was the ambient temp. I did have to put up a beach umbrella to keep the sun of the Pressure tank UDS but am very pleased with results.

Smoked for 4 hrs and it is getting raves. Love that pellet burner. All i can think of if one is getting bitter smoke flavor is it is being smoked to long. Don't really know. This is the first time i have used pellets and i love em for cold smoke.
th_Slab_of_meat.gif

The only way to fly.

Happy smoken

Karl

Last edited:
The color looks fantastic. Just ordered my AMNPS yesterday and will be here Sunday, can't wait. I was wonder how the cheese turns out (texture) when you store it in the freezer after it is aged in fridge. Is it crumbly?
I've never done cheese yet, can't wait to try. Keep us posted on the flavour after the aging.

The color looks fantastic. Just ordered my AMNPS yesterday and will be here Sunday, can't wait. I was wonder how the cheese turns out (texture) when you store it in the freezer after it is aged in fridge. Is it crumbly?
I've never done cheese yet, can't wait to try. Keep us posted on the flavour after the aging.
You don't need to freeze the cheese, if you vac pack it, it will last for months in the fridge.

I have some over 1 year old & it just gets better with time.

Al

Nice thread Al, I haven't tried muenster yet. I know this is an older thread but that cheese sure looks great. Thumbs Up

Nice thread Al, I haven't tried muenster yet. I know this is an older thread but that cheese sure looks great.
icon14.gif
I think I have smoked just about every cheese that is available & we like the Muenster the best!

Give it a try!

Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky