Muenster with the AMNPS in my Smoke Vault (update-ready to eat)

Discussion in 'Cheese' started by smokinal, Aug 13, 2011.

1. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Thanks Ahron!

2. No kidding, a whole month. Well, I guess that's what aging means..lol. Thanks Al, I'm on it now.

3. smokinal

Yea get to it James!

4. venture

venture Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Looks great.  I'll have to add some Muenster on my next smoke.  Never had it before.

Good luck and good smoking.

5. meateater

meateater Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

Looks great Al ! Besides Monterey Jack, Muenster is one of my favorites. [​IMG][​IMG]

6. tyotrain

tyotrain Master of the Pit

[​IMG]

7. bearcarver

bearcarver Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Al,

Just so you know, the main reason I mentioned about the heavy smoke is because I test drove these things, and did a lot of experiments with them (not near as many as Todd did).

The AMNPS filled all the way to the top, and lit at both ends, is the only one that I found to be able to put out "too much" smoke.

Now follow me here----I find this very interesting:

The thing is, the first half hour to an hour, the AMNPS gradually comes to full smoke by building that glowing "hot coal" base.

If someone lights both ends, and after about 20 minutes they check it, and it is smoking just right for them, and they have something to do, they might not check it for hours.

In that time it could increase to full smoke, which could be more smoke than they want.

One of the funny things I have noticed with my AMNPS is that if you only load it 3/4 to the top, it will still take about the same amount of time per row, but you will get less smoke than if it was all the way to the brim. This is probably why yours was just right, with it lit at both ends, and mine was too heavy. When I did it, it was just right for the first half hour, but then became very heavy, so I stopped the one end from burning.

These things are AWESOME, in the way you can manipulate them to do what you want !!!!

Your cheese looks perfect !

Bear

8. Looks Great Al,!!! [​IMG]

you got my appetite up in fact after i hit post i am going out to my deep cooler and pull out one of my Munster's to use with dinner tonight, thanks for reminding me.

Tom

9. tjohnson

tjohnson Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Insider OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

[​IMG]

I Bow To You Al!

Todd

10. Looks perfect Al, I need to smoke  some cheese soon!!!

11. smokinal

Thanks for all the great comments guys!

They are much appreciated!

12. Looks great Al. Love me some Muenster. How many pounds was that?

13. bearcarver

Is there any left, Al???

MMMMMmmmmmm..........

Bear

14. scarbelly

scarbelly Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Looking good Al - Todd and Bear are right on the smoke production. For my taste 2 sides is just a little too much for me.

Let us know how it comes out.  

15. nepas

nepas Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Very nice Al, great color

We love that smoked monster cheese.

[​IMG]

16. smokinal

About 5 1/2 pounds total.

So each block is between 1/2 & 3/4 pounds.

17. bearcarver

Gary,

I have found that to depends on how full you fill the AMNPS

I go into better detail in my "Prime Rib (New Best ever)" thread, but it's basically that if you fill the AMNPS to the top, one row is plenty & lighting two is too much, but if you fill it less than full, as Al did in this particular smoke (see pics), lighting it at both ends would be fine. That's another great thing about the AMNPS---You can do sooo many different things to regulate the exact amount of smoke you want.

Bear

18. roller

roller Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

Good looking cheese Al my AMNPS is on its way I will have to try smoking some cheese...103* here today...

19. shooter1

shooter1 Smoking Fanatic

Al looks like just the right amount of smoke to me. Nice color on the cheese, I think you have that AMNPS dialed in even in the Florida heat. Nice step by step and pictures, I'm saving this post for when I get my AMNPS. Been wanting to do some cheese real bad. 

20. bearcarver

Al,

Let me know when it's all over---I don't want to be here when you "cut the cheese"!!!   [​IMG]

I'll return afterwards!  [​IMG]

Bear