Mr T's "Smoked Salmon From Go to Show" w/Q-View

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

MR, T I owe a guy a bet that I lost and he wants some smoked salmon and I am going to try this, during the week, How long will this stay vac pac'd in the fridge??  No freezing, I am going to try to get 6lbs or so, and cut into chunks. 

DS

I have kept it longer than I care to admit.

T

I have kept it longer than I care to admit.

T
Roger that!!!  
icon14.gif

DS

I'm going to give this a try next year. I smoked over 30 samon this year. I'm currently moding my trager so that I can do even more fish next year. I'm canning some also. I'll use some of the brine in it also.

I don't fish for them. My tribe gives them to me. They come out of the Okanogan river with nets.

I like to use cream cheese,Samon, sour cream, green onions, celery,garlic.a pinch of salt and a pinch of pepper and some bell pepper. I throw the stuff in a Ninja then mix it with the cream chease and flaked samon. 

As good as that is... I make a cabbage salsa that is to die for!

Last edited:
I'm going to give this a try next year. I smoked over 30 samon this year. I'm currently moding my trager so that I can do even more fish next year. I'm canning some also. I'll use some of the brine in it also.
I don't fish for them. My tribe gives them to me. They come out of the Okanogan river with nets.

Twisted, morning.... are we neighbors ?? Howdy neighbor....

Mr T, I gotta give it to you, great recipe. Brined some Steelhead with your recipe and smoked to 143 degrees with Alder/Apple/Maple pellets. Came out moist, flaky and buttery. 

That's what smoked salmon should look like, mouth-watering.  I could tell at a glance that you followed the recipe very closely and that you used the TQ version. 

Will give the Apple/Alder/Maple blend a try.  Thanks for the tip.

Good job and glad you are enjoying.

Tom

I like to use cream cheese,Samon, sour cream, green onions, celery,garlic.a pinch of salt and a pinch of pepper and some bell pepper. I throw the stuff in a Ninja then mix it with the cream chease and flaked samon. 
As good as that is... I make a cabbage salsa that is to die for!

Hey Twissted, hows about giving up that recipe for that cabbage salsa? Sounds good!

I followed Mr T's directions to the letter. I made 5.5lbs of farm raised atlantic salmon for my first attempt (party at my house so we had plenty of other food incase in didn't go well).

It took 3 hours with a small fan (I think I will grab another one to reduce the time for it to pilliicel just right)

Everyone including myself were over the moon with how great it was.

Thanks Mr T!!

Reactions: mr t 59874
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky