Mr Porky Does Brisket! 1st Time, Qview In Stages

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mr porky

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
May 3, 2008
Spokane
Hey folks!
After a week and a half of near winter conditions 40-50* and rain pretty much everyday, this weekend looks like its just right for some smoke. My brother is in town for a few days, so I thought I'd learn him some Que.

Only problem is, the nugget won't eat pork! (BTW I can disown him for that, no?
biggrin.gif
) No pulled pork, pig candy, or fatties. Turns out he likes brisket, which is good as its something I've yet to try. Thus begins my first foray into doing brisket.

Lets meet our, uhh meat, and best friends for the duration.. A bit over 5# and will be rubbed down with good ol French's mustard and some of Coyote's Lumbre chili topped of with some mountain man bourbon rub

rubbed with the mustard and Lumbre

rubbed, and ready to wrap

The plan is to get the CGSP fired up by 4:30AM. Will post updates as I can, so stay tuned.

Looks like a great start we'll be waiting on more Qview

Bro, looks like you're off to a good start! We got a bunch of folks smokin tomorrow, looking forward to watching yours develop!

So far looking good. Let us know how it turned out. Are you going to sear?

Ok, off to a later start than I hoped for. Alarm went off but the snooze bar got used a time or two
PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif
so I've used up some of my buffer time, but should still have everything on track for dinnertime. Thanks everyone for hanging in there, and posting your encouragement.

I'm going to give it a go without searing.

Jump on in, the waters fine!

Al rules!

I like it, and plan to get some more later today. They've got several flavors, but I didn't get a chance to try more than a couple of them. If you want some of the Lumbre chili, talk to Coyote, he'll hook ya up.

Just gettin started, but I predict It'll go well. Gonna hit it with some of this...
in a bit, foil at 170, wrap in towel, toss in the cooler then pull for sammiches

Glandular stimulus! I'l b posting my Fedex account number: you can ship me some for freewith it all.: Custom Critical, of course. Good luck

Forgive the quicky paint, but here ya go! Click the highlighted box on each post you want to quote.

Better yet, lemme know when yer in the PNW and I'll make ya some!

Thanks, I'm hoping to do just that!

Busy day but heres where I am currently

Here are a couple throughout the day

at 200 and in the cooler

Will update when ready to pull..

Annnnd, I'm spent!

8 Hours on the smoker and 2 hours in the cooler. Also, I've noticed it seemed tougher to putt than a butt. Will do this again.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky