Monday Funday - Pork Butts

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I just cooked 4 butts injected them then rubbed with yellow mustard then my own rub cooked at 250 for 3 hrs then i foiled them for 7 hrs then i used a.roman pork puller good bark great tasting

Just wanted to say a special thanks to you all for all the kind word's, haven't checked in a couple of day's,
I'm very flattered just wish you were all here to enjoy a little bit of that with me ... Imagine my suprise when I seen my
stuff on the banner at the top. I guess I'm doing something right ... but that's only thanks to the good folks here who are
so very helpful. Thanks again all.

Great looking butts!

Did you smoke all the way through? Any fancy spritzing/mopping?

I fill my chip pan. pretty full and then usually just let it burn out ... the meat is only gonna take so much smoke. Usually about 4 hrs worth
so theirs no real sense in wasting wood .... now if I happen to get into it in the first couple hours for some reason. I may toss a few more chips in but other than that my pan holds enough for the entire smoke.

To answer the second part of your question ... If you call a misting of just plain ole apple juice fancy spritzing then that's what I do every couple hours or anytime I open the door..... No Mopping.

Last edited:
DPA is a great brew.  What kind of rub do you use on your pork?
Looks great!

I rather enjoy Dale's Pale or Deviant Dales when I really want to light my taste buds up.

My rub basically consists of Brown & White Sugar, Kosher Salt, Smoked Paprika, Garlic Salt, Oregano, Fresh Cracked Blk Pepper, Chili Powder, Cyan and Cumin.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky