Monday Funday - Pork Butts

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

marshman71

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jun 14, 2013
Rock Falls, IL
Best part of my job is working 4 days a week..... Most of us absolutely hate Mondays, This is what I enjoy doing on my Monday's. Im up most every day at 3 am for work so why not get up early and Smoke some Pork. What a great way to start my week.

Just a quick peek they were almost done..... Haven't even checked on these guy's for the last 6 hours. Smoker was dialed in perfect.

Love when I can take the meat all the way without foiling.

Time to wrap and toss in the cooler, I Think the bone might be trying to escape

MMMM ! a Tall Boy of Dale's Pale and Some Killer Pork. Just Doesn't get much better than this.

Reactions: stewie-q
Those look great!  Love the Wolverine Claw pose! 
biggrin.gif

Kat

Great looking Butts!!! Excellent bark too!  I also like to not foil, love that bark. I always make sure I have the time so I don't have to foil!

MY T FINE looking butts. Did they finish at the same time?
Happy smoken.
David

Yes actually they did.... They were only .02 oz different in weight. ( Left the fat cap's on too. Bottom side down, This was a first for me as well I always trim ) so basically they were the exact same size. also about 6 hours through the cook I Swapped the position of the 2 racks.
I pulled the Top one at 204 IT and the Bottom one was Sitting at 205 close enough for me.... by the time I wrapped and tossed the bottom one in the cooler I figured the other one should be there. This was a first. and was very nice.... Last time I did 2 butt's like that I had about Hour & Half Difference between the two.. Overall extremely pleased.

Those look great!  Love the Wolverine Claw pose!  :biggrin:

Kat

My Fiancee gave those to me for fathers day ... I love them ... never thought Id use them but they work so good for pulling & shredding pork and they
also work awesome for lifting meat. I've recommended these to several of my friends. These are "Meat Claws" she got a Mendards. basically the same as the "Bear Claws"
wouldn't be without them.

Those look really good! 
drool.gif

I'm another that doesn't foil - I love bark too much!  Enjoy some good eatin 
beercheer.gif

Great looking Butts!!! Excellent bark too!  I also like to not foil, love that bark. I always make sure I have the time so I don't have to foil!

Thank's both of you, a good bark IMO just takes your meat to an entirely different level. It's just so good and you really miss out when you pull off early and finish in the oven just my opinion. I was just happy my fiancee wasn't home today or I wouldn't have any left she likes to pick at it while its smoking and when I'm pulling it... and then I won't have any of the good stuff left. So then she tell's me "Make sure you leave me some bark in a bowl for when I get home" Yeah Right ! HA, HA. Not today Hun. !

Great looking, my question is if this is the Monday cook, whats on tap for the rest of the week??

Thanks Foamheart, Ha, Ha.. Nada for this week, I gave the old girl a pretty good work out this weekend. 2 Beer Can Chickens ( Sat.) , Smoked a Turkey Breast (Sun.) and then Butt's Today.

"Hello My Name Is MarshMan71 and I'm a Smokeaholic."

Those look really good!! Do you mind me asking what temp you smoked at? I am still trying to get the whole smoking thing figured out :)

Not at all ran at about 235-240 majority of the cook once the meat reached an IT about 165 i bumped the smoker up a bit to 260-275 That usually gets me past the Stall and I don't have to worry about foiling and finishing in the oven. and rode it all the way till the meat hit what I'd consider the Sweet Spot. 200-205 IT

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky