Military Smokers?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hey grillin!! Just a shout-out from a retired 1C3X0 to a present 1C3X0!!
All the best to you and your future CP assignments/TDYs.

just wanted to chime in and say thank you to all who has served or is still serving in our great armed forces ....god bless you all and stay safe....again i thank you for your dedication and keeping my family safe......

US Air Force from 1981 until 2001
Ammo troop
Loring AFB, ME
Nellis AFB, NV
Bitburg AB, Germany
Holloman AFB, NM
Murted AB, Turkey
Ellsworth AFB, SD
Langley AFB, VA
Operation Desert Shield/Desert Storm(PSAB)
Retired SMSgt

grillin_all_day
I was station at Holloman Jan 1990 to Nov 1991. Was TDY out of there a lot, roughly 14 months. I did spend Christmas there in 2003.

i was at work in the command post there in 2003. that's the one thing i hate about being the military, being away from your family on holidays. i still wouldn't trade jobs for anything in the world though!

Was in from 1981 to 2001 USAF!!!! Was at Ellsworth, Offtut, and Eglin. Went to Egpyt for a while That blew and to Enduring Freedom for Kosovlo. That blew. Retired @ Eglin. I'm from Bama so it was good. Close to home but far enough away that the inlaws can't drop in un-annouced.

I served for 3 years with the 1/26th Inf Battalion, 1st Infantry Division. My years of service were from 1977-1980. I served my time in Germany. I worked as a mechanic in this mechanized infantry unit. I only worked as a mechanic for a year following my ets. I went to Iowa State University and got my teaching degree and have now taught for 23 years.

dmack

Just bumpin' this thead for new members who may not have seen it!

Good thinking, can't believe this is 6 pages already. I guess us all of us old military types figured out how bad the chow was and got to smoking some good stuff!

Case in point, we got hot chow once a week for awhile. It was camel meat and rice. I finally just settled for my MRE's as they were better.

I really think I ate a lot of camel, but didn't really care after a good fistful of months of MREs!

Awesome thread!!

Hat's off to all of you, I appreciate all you have done and are doing for me.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Enlisted Nov 91
1137th MP CO Kennet, MO
Arkansas State ROTC
QMOBC, Ft Lee
108th ADA BDE(Airborne), Ft Polk
142 CSB, Ft Polk
546th Mt Co, Ft Polk
Multi-National Forces and Observers, Sinai, Egypt
Combined Arm Support Command ISD, Ft Lee.
431st Civil Affairs Co, Camp Robinson
3/379/800/80 TASS Ft Leonard Wood and Ft Polk

Navy for 20 good years
USS Gato SSN-615
USS Richard E Byrd DDG-23
USS Holland AS-32
Naval Station Roosevelt Roads
USS Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71
Naval School of Cryogenics
USS George Washington CVN-73

came to norfolk virginia in 82 and been here ever since

Joined Oregon National Guard in 97. Moved to CT in 98 and transfered to the Guard there as a crane operator. Reclassed to Infantry in 01 to go to Bosnia. Mobed in 03 for Iraq but our mission got scraped. Did some home land security up at FT Drum for 8 months. Afghanistan 06-07. Have 11 years as of yesturday in the Guard. About 5 years active time and I am on full time orders as of now. 4 years left on my current enlistment. I love being a part of it and the life experience and opportunities have been great. Close my eyes and think of smoked ribs while munching on MREs.

Seboke, ya asked fer em so here he be:

3b21b5e9-cac2-4e49-b727-5e17e48dd226

0f7aa20f-e88c-48f8-aad3-ce86bd6b1bdc

That's my oldest son leanin on his cannon (on the left), The 518th Gun Truck Company tore all over Iraq protectin convoys an raisin you know what with the insurgents. The 518 was a group a fellers who were volunter volunter's. There motto "We'll Make You Famous!" He's home fer know but scheduled ta go back again in Nov 09.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky