Michigan Q gathering

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Thanks Cameron, Looking forward to it.

I just swam in my pool and it was 74 degrees. Two weeks ago it was 86.
th_crybaby2.gif
Oh well. We'll still have a good time. See you Saturday.

So far we are sitting on 20 people!I think my pool was at 68. We shall see what the little bit of sun will do, but I can't see much more than 72 for Saturday. I will stay close to the campfire.....

Its still not to late to add your name and come to the get together for good food and fun.  I just took 6 slabs of BB ribs out of the freezer and there is still time to take more out if any one else wants to join.

Stan

Hey KFC,  What kind of rubs do you want to use on the ribs?  The same on all or maybe try a couple different kinds.  Do I need to make up some or do you have that covered?

Stan

Stan, before I forget, could use a maverick 732, or whatever thermo you have. 2 smokers and only one here.

As for rubs, I have one ready, going to pull from the cupboard for a second, and you can bring some too.

Multiple flavor rubs!! Bring it on!

LOL KFC already had a 732 or two on the list.  I can bring some of Billbo's world famous dry rub.  I have some made but if anyone wants something different I can make whatever.

Today I put the country ribs in the fridge to thaw. Will marinate/brine them in Cherry Dr Pepper Friday night and rub em down sat morning so they're ready to go on the smoker when I get there. Will have some mac and cheese ready to go too.

Too bad you can't make it FWI. Was looking forward to meeting you. Oh well, I guess that's why this is an annual thing, maybe next go round!?

All this planning for a 6:00 dinner, but nothing about lunch. I just remenbered how good the mild italian sausage was when I last cooked pulled pork.Who is cooking the side of bell peppers??????????

I though we were having salmon for lunch and I can bring some smoked cheese and crackers. I like to throw some smoked sausage on when I smoke ribs and then there are snacks to eat while the ribs finish.

Stan

Hey KFC, what time did you say dinner was on Saturday? Just trying to plan out my work schedule.

Thanks
Scott

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky