Michigan Q gathering

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I just saw this post, I am new to the group and would like to come! We is the deadline for headcount? 
thumb1.gif

We need more participation from hungry Michigan people.  Breakfast fatties with coffee sounds great.

I won't be able to camp but live close enough I can help set up fri evening. Eat and drink sat then come back for fatties and clean up sun.

Stan

I am thinking Friday night will be prepping of the fish. Might just throw them in the smoker sat morning so we have an appi-teaser..

Never tried a fatty, figured that weekend would be a good time to start. :)

I'm thinking about bringing some pork shoulder blade country ribs Meijer had on special. I have about 13 lbs and they're boneless. I think that should be enough with the other food there, but we can cut them in half to make them stretch if needed.

I probably won't get there until 12 or 1pm on Saturday, but if I prep them at home that morning and arrive with them ready to go right on the smoker, that should be ample time to cook/smoke right? Jeff usually does his for about 3 hours, so I think it should be good.

My ribs usually follow the 3-2-1 time at a lower temp.The best corn on the cob is starting to show up on the stands around me, so I will have that available also.

As of today, this is what I have for interested folks with headcount. I can make adjustments in this list as necessary.Kingfishcam 4, Little guy (KFC friend) 2, Scott (KFC friend) 4, Brad 2(my fishing/smoking buddy),Handymanstan 3, Humdinger 3, FWIsmoker?????, Aj6862 1?, Rougerocco ?????, hillbillyrkstr 2,Irv 3, I will also post another "who is bringing what" reply in a bit...

Last edited:
So far, the food list looks like this:Handymanstan-- Ribs and smoked watermelonKFC--Baked taters and corn on the cobLittleguy--special recipe baked beansHumdinger--pork shoulder ribs, Mac and CheeseScott-- tossed salad Brad--Salad dresing/BBQ sauceBring your own drinks!!!I am working on a BBQ sause and salad dressing doner, unless someone has this covered!

Last edited:
Just confirming what you wrote above. 3 for me (2 adults 1 child) and the pork shoulder country ribs. Also I'll bring my corn bag toss (cornhole), ladder ball, and washer toss games for extra entertainment.

It looks as if I my have to work, not sure just yet and the bad thing is I won't know till the last min. However if I do come I would be bringing 1 other person and also I would do a desert like a cheese cake or some homemade pie. I'm very sorry for not being able to make a honest comittment at this time .

It looks as if I my have to work, not sure just yet and the bad thing is I won't know till the last min. However if I do come I would be bringing 1 other person and also I would do a desert like a cheese cake or some homemade pie. I'm very sorry for not being able to make a honest comittment at this time .
I hope it works out!

The weather is shaping up for the weekend. Keep tour fingers crossed. The pool is cold, but your welcome if you dare...

Some things I recommend you bring:

Bring your own drinks. We all like some thing different, makes it easy...

Lawn chairs always go well around a campfire

Bug spray. Yes bumper crop of mosquitoes in Michigan this year.

Cameron

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky