MES Mailbox MOD (Video Tutorial) - Any Input Appreciated!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Great job on the video.

The Good:
  • You knocked it out of the park on the topic of making a mailbox mod for the MES
  • Your speaking and communication is very clear
  • Your video shots are right on and your placement of yourself and products are perfect for the video shots
  • You were concise with your instructions and the information you presented
  • The information was accurate, which is VERY important lol
  • You never strayed from the topic and all information was useful
Potential Areas for Improvement (if any):

Now before I list them I do not know what your intended goals and who you exact audience was, if there was one so I completely understand that the following points may not be so relevant :)
  • The time of the video is long for general viewer attention span.  2-3 min is the holy grail if possible but I do feel you maximized the use of your time and all 10 minutes was very informative for the format
  • Format.  This is a personal preference of mine so feel free to ignore it.  
    On how-to's I find it to be more productive as a viewer to follow a "power point slide" type of video with slides and text expressing as much information as possible upfront and then transitioning into action based video.  Like showing showing a parts list upfront, or transitions, steps, presentation agenda, etc.
    For the action video portion I find voice over speaking/narration to be most helpful as the actual work is being done.  As a video creator this provides maximum editing opportunity for double speed, text based call outs, and voice content editing while reducing overall time.
    As a video viewer throws me right into the topic I am searching for rather than giving me an opportunity to space out, become distracted, or become impatient.
In all it's a great job and again I don't know what you video making goals are so your vision and my vision can be completely different.

Also my input comes from having to produce Business IT relate documentation, how-to's, and various videos for client audiences ranging from business executives, end users, business subject matter experts, software developers, testers, and student's of training courses.

Again, my presentation/video goals could be drastically different than what yours are/were for the video.

I look forward to the next video.  Keep up the good work and best of luck! :)

Excellent Video. Thanks for posting. I am a visual guy and this helped me immensely.

Great job on the video.

The Good:
  • You knocked it out of the park on the topic of making a mailbox mod for the MES
  • Your speaking and communication is very clear
  • Your video shots are right on and your placement of yourself and products are perfect for the video shots
  • You were concise with your instructions and the information you presented
  • The information was accurate, which is VERY important lol
  • You never strayed from the topic and all information was useful

Potential Areas for Improvement (if any):
Now before I list them I do not know what your intended goals and who you exact audience was, if there was one so I completely understand that the following points may not be so relevant :)
  • The time of the video is long for general viewer attention span.  2-3 min is the holy grail if possible but I do feel you maximized the use of your time and all 10 minutes was very informative for the format
  • Format.  This is a personal preference of mine so feel free to ignore it.  

On how-to's I find it to be more productive as a viewer to follow a "power point slide" type of video with slides and text expressing as much information as possible upfront and then transitioning into action based video.  Like showing showing a parts list upfront, or transitions, steps, presentation agenda, etc.

For the action video portion I find voice over speaking/narration to be most helpful as the actual work is being done.  As a video creator this provides maximum editing opportunity for double speed, text based call outs, and voice content editing while reducing overall time.

As a video viewer throws me right into the topic I am searching for rather than giving me an opportunity to space out, become distracted, or become impatient.

In all it's a great job and again I don't know what you video making goals are so your vision and my vision can be completely different.
Also my input comes from having to produce Business IT relate documentation, how-to's, and various videos for client audiences ranging from business executives, end users, business subject matter experts, software developers, testers, and student's of training courses.

Again, my presentation/video goals could be drastically different than what yours are/were for the video.

I look forward to the next video.  Keep up the good work and best of luck! :)

Thanks for the feedback. I really appreciate you taking the time to write all that out! I'll incorporate some of those tips into my next DIY video.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky