MES Brisket smoke on q-view

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fourthwind

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Mar 12, 2009
Thornton, CO
Doing an all nighter in the MES for my son's 3rd birthday tomorrow. Split a 15 pound packer last night. Slathered with spicy brown mustard, and rubbed all the pieces with my beef rub. Rub is an new combination I created yesterday. smelled awesome when I pulled the seran wrap off today. Hit the MES this afternoon at 4:30 with Hickory. Will update as the night goes on.

brisket73109.jpg

Yea baby! Very nice start... I don't have the energy to pull an all nighter after the week I had... I hope it goes good... Can't wait to see the rest... Woudl you mind sharing your beef rub???

If the flavor comes out like I am hoping, I will be happy to share. I at least remembered to record what I put into it this time instead of a little of this and more of that.

Here we are at about hour 4.5 of what I am expecting to be a 20 hour smoke. Mopping every hour with a good quality apple cider. Don't expect updates until tomorrow. Family is here and sleeping in the puter room lol. I say one thing is for sure, it is smelling like a chunk of heaven!

brisket73109_4hr.jpg

I asked the butcher at king stupids to make sure he had one ready for me on Thursday. They are not always the cheapest but he always makes sure he has what I need. I noticed when I ran into Sam's club today they had them for 1.78 pound. Had some dandies in there too. Saw one that was close to 20 pounds. keep your tender dry, and see you guys in the morning!

Everything look great from here. I'll keep an eye on this one. Hope that your guest enjoy it as much as we will too.
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

It's morning, where are you???? lol
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

I've never been disappointed with meat from Sam's club, always been good quality....
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

I agree. The meat at sams club is good quality on a consistant basis. You can by chicken by the case if you ask, and the price is half of the shelf price usually.

Smoke went well overnight. Here we are at 171 degree's at Hour 15.5 of the smoke. Pulled the small pieces this morning and had myself a mini brisket burnt ends breakfast. YUMMMMMM
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

brisket8109_15hrs.jpg

Good morning. Your Brisket looks great! Looks like your hard work and perseverence will soon be paying off. Keep us posted, and thanks for the morning Q-view.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Ok so it's been a really nice but long day with a lot of family around, but here is the results from a 19 hours smoke that turned out great! Got rave reviews from all the family. Amazing how much beef a family can eat when the grub is good. My 12 pounds of Brisket got wittled down to about a pound of leftovers for my lunch tomorrow.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
This was on top of 5 pounds of Brats and 2 pounds of dogs I grilled for the event.

Pulled it out of the smoker at 191 degree's. Here it is after the 19 hour smoke and 45 minute rest with Apple juice mop.

Brisket_8109_done.jpg

Here is the sliced view! came out awesome. If you want the rub recipe I used, please PM me.

Brisket_8109_sliced.jpg

I can see why you don't have much left. I am supprised they left that much. Looks Really Good...

Nice looking brisket.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

There were only 12 adults at the party! well that and I put some aside to make sure the cook got his left over brisket and horseradish sammies
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky