MES 30 improvements on smoke consistency?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Just to be clear, smoke is TBS and beautiful. Heat control/loss is my issue.

How did you attach the stack over the existing vent? Mine will not press into the smaller diameter with the vent in place. Cut and bend the elbow then screw on? Thanks.

Just to be clear, smoke is TBS and beautiful. Heat control/loss is my issue.

How did you attach the stack over the existing vent? Mine will not press into the smaller diameter with the vent in place. Cut and bend the elbow then screw on? Thanks.

If I'm not mistaken, his vent is on on the top. Mine is on the side. I have had had the heat loss issue after my stack was installed. I mat try the the damper in place of the chip loader, and I'm also going to fill the water tray with sand to see if it retains heat better. I will post results.

This post is for information on the chip loader. If you are using pellets you no longer need the chip loader. Most or a lot of people need or want to increase the flow to help keep their pellets lit. You can adjust the chip loader out to increase air flow or make a river rat damper that replaces the chip   loader.  I feel that this mod is one of the easiest and best that I have added to my MES 30 gen 1. If you have a chip loader it will give you the adjustments you need and want with out a chip loader hanging out. 
http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/170605/calling-this-the-riverrat-damper-mod

here is a shot of mine.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky