Meatloaf 1 try

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bamafan

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jun 4, 2008
Crestview Fl
Well after seeing all the pictures and hearing all the talk. I decided for my 2 smoke on the MES to try a meatloaf. Told my buddy about it and he asked me to make him one also so there is 2 on the MES. Followed the basic recipe that was in the vidoe but added some extra Hienzs 57 whick I always put in my oven version. Didn't measure the onion or bell pepper just threw a whole one of each in there. Got to work on the Qview thing.
55509e86_vbattach18844.jpg

Well heres after an hour and 20 minutes. Flipped and ready to take to 160. Can't vouch for the meat but the grease I spilled on my hand tasted good
PDT_Armataz_01_18.gif
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
c25eef76_vbattach18845.jpg

Looking good not thinking the hand is feeling to good tho

Here's the final. My kids and I loved it. The wife thought it was ok but she is not a big smoke meat fan other than pulled pork. To Bad!!!!!!!!!!!Getting better with the qview.

Had a hard time with my MES digital read out. Not very accurate, it's reading 209 for internal my digital taylor and old analog from my barrel smoker are at 235.

Time for vittles. My girls loved Moew's MAC and Cheese. It will be better next time also. I will follow his recip[e to the letter. I thought every thing was great. I see meatloaf sandwiches for lunch at work next week
icon_smile.gif

kratzx4,

Here is the basic recipes from one of Ableman Posts.

V3 lb's of Ground Chuck
1 lb of sausage
4 eggs
1 cup of diced yellow onions
1 cup diced green bell peppers
1/4 cup wortershire sauce
Bread crumbs, mix half in and half later but he doesn't say how much
Adds some dry rub to it and mix. I would think he adds more of the bread crumbs to get the desired consistency.

Pack it in the pan with 6 holes and smoke at 250 degrees for an hour to an hour and a half. Then, he puts alum. foil on top and flips the meatloaf out and puts it back on the smoker on top of the foil. He's going for 160 internal. Then, he flips it back into the pan and puts a finishing sauce on it.

I added about 1/4 cup of yellow mustard, and 1/3 cup of hienz 57. I only used 2 eggs, 1 tube of ritz crackers crushed. And I used one medium yellow onion and 1 bell pepper. Didn't measure then just put the whole thing in how ever much it was. Topped with jeffs rub, no sauce. Next time I'll mix the rub in when I mix it up. Gives a sweet tast and put a suace on top. But it was good as it was. I was suprised that we really didn't notice the sausage flavor as much as I would have thought.
Here's the link again to the BossMan recipe video from food network.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/show...000 0-PREROLL

Abelman, I should have put that was Bossman's recipe. My Bad! I had saved that from one of your earlier posts. Don't want to step on anyones toes.

Don't worry about it, I don't think you stepped on any toes. I just didn't want people to think I was taking credit for it. I did a meatloaf and used our family recipe for the loaf but used his technique and loved it. I posted that before I ever tried a meatloaf. If I recall, someone was looking for a way to do one and I referred them to the video. They couldn't get the video to run so I just kind of gave a play by play of what was on there. It's all good.

OK As is well. I just made a meatloaf sam-ich with the left overs. Gonna be hard for me to do a meatloaf in the oven any more.

Hello everyone. I also decided to smoke a meatloaf today. My recipes is as follows:

1.5 Lbs. Ground Sirloin
1.5 Lbs. Ground Pork
3 Jalapenos
1 whole onion
1 C bread crumbs
3 eggs
BBQ sauce
Ketchup
Heinz 57
Worchestshire
Onion Powder

Used enough of the sauces to moisten the bread crumbs. Mixed everything but the meat together first. Let it set and then mixed everything together. It sure looks good! About 30 minutes after I put it on my GOSM it started raining. I have never smoked anything in the rain before. Does anyone have any experience with smoking in the rain?
Any advice would be appreciated.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky