Meat Processing

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Okay, I have a deer hanging now....Cutting tomorrow evening. I take pictures to show the "how to's" on game animals when boning out.....

Ohh yeah.. I take my elk to processors but I do deer and javs myself.. I'm in..

Ohh and a bone-out job nevertheless! This is exactly what I'm after....

Last edited:
Where are the pix?

worthless.gif

We do our own each Thanksgiving as well as two hogs.  If I were you I'd see who lives close that wants a real up close experience and take advantage of free help.  Ours keeps wandering off throughout each day so even if you start with too many I'm sure you wouldn't end up that way.  Go ahead and post pics.  Who knows we may have been doing things wrong all these years and I'd love to see how others do this. 

Well folks I have some bad news...The day I was to cut our littlest one came down sick. I was unable to take any pictures because I was in a hurry to get back home with momma and the kiddos. I do apologize. I do promise to have a how to thread at the beginning of the hunting season. 

Until then....Keep smoking!

-Jeremy-

The History Channel has a show Modern Marvel "The Butcher" actually it is on right now but it reruns, if is very informative about processing beef. I am actually in the show for a 2 second clip. I have worked in the beef plants for over 30 years myself. Still working in the business just not in the plant anymore.

Good Morning,

A couple of quesitons...

I was wondering is there any other meat processors out there?

How many of you would like to see a breakdown of processing?

Here is why I ask, I just slaughtered a beef over the weekend and could take pictures and do a "play by play" if anyone would like.

It would be a few weeks before it would be done. Got to let him hang for another 10 days or so.

-Jeremy-
yes Jeremy I am new here but would like to see the breakdown. my email is [email protected]

Yes, I would love to see a step-by-step breakdown of the fore and hind quarters. I retired several years ago, was a meat cutter for 30+ years with 20 years of hanging beef, as well and 10+ years of boxed beef. You can post a thread on here with photos of everything or I can do it for you (in the beef section, processing). Or, email it to me at [email protected]. And if possible, show how to carry a forequarter and a hindquarter on your shoulder, the correct way so others don't get hurt. Thank you so much!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky