Maybe it's just me, my computer or both, but...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jp61

Master of the Pit
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Mar 6, 2011
NE Ohio
In preferences I have unchecked boxes regarding receiving e-mail with post updates, likes, etc., yet my phone keeps blowing up with e-mails.

Online status option don't seem to be working either.

I posted a few pics in one thread, they all loaded and showed but later I noticed they all vanished.

I can't see them either. Maybe Brian or Jeff can help. I am bad at the tech stuff.

Have the picture issue sorted out.

The other two still no go

Regarding the email notifications, turning off email notifications only tells the system what to do about threads you view and watch going forward. Your previously watched threads will continue to send you email notifications based on the settings that were in place when they were added to the "Watched" list.

Try this link to disable the notifications for all of your previous watched threads: Disable email notification

The images in question look like they are being served by amazon.com.. can you tell me your process for uploading the images?

I generally recommend using the red button at the bottom left of your post that says "Upload a File" and then navigating to the images that are on your computer to upload them.

Thank you Jeff!

Should I be able to see my name in Members Online Now if I have the option unchecked? I'm thinking no but it's there.

Regarding the email notifications, turning off email notifications only tells the system what to do about threads you view and watch going forward. Your previously watched threads will continue to send you email notifications based on the settings that were in place when they were added to the "Watched" list. Got it.

Try this link to disable the notifications for all of your previous watched threads: Disable email notification

The images in question look like they are being served by amazon.com.. can you tell me your process for uploading the images? At one point I uploaded all the pics off of my phone to amazon. Later on I decided to delete all the pics off of my phone. Amazon is the only place I could get to the pics I wanted to post, my other computer needs a power supply. I copied and pasted originally which seem to work but later on they vanished. After downloading the pics to my computer and then uploading here worked fine.

I generally recommend using the red button at the bottom left of your post that says "Upload a File" and then navigating to the images that are on your computer to upload them.

Thank you Jeff!

Should I be able to see my name in Members Online Now if I have the option unchecked? I'm thinking no but it's there.
That’s a great question but I don’t know the answer. Let me see if I can find the answer to that.

Ok, I found it..

Looks like that feature only shows your online status to yourself and staff when it is unchecked.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky