May 2010 Throwdown Voting Poll

Discussion in 'SMF Throwdowns' started by sumosmoke, Jun 7, 2010.

1. Pork Tenderloin, Chicken Meatball And Shrimp Loaded Pizza

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Chicken Parmigiana Fattie

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Smoked braised short ribs with a smoked pepper stuffed with orzo, shrooms, asparagus and 3 cheese

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Smoked stuffed meatball (Beef/I. Sausage stuffed w/ 50/50 mozzy/provo, Mushroom, B. Olive), Spaghet

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Carnival Italian Sausage with Sauce and Mozzerella cheese rolled into a fatty on Italian bun.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Smoked Tuscan Sausage Cannelloni, Smoked Beef Braciole, Smoked Focaccia w/Caprese Salad

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Pizza fattie with pepperoni, onion, bacon, mozzarrella, sauce, topped with pizza crust weave

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Garlic, blue cheese and herb stuffed pork loin with garlic alfredo pasta

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Inside-Out Ravioli: beef/spinach/onion “filling” around pasta, cheeses & spinach leaves.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Chicken and Shrimp w/ a Smoked Gouda Cream Sauce over Pasta w/ Smoked Parm and Garlic Sticks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. sumosmoke

sumosmoke Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Here Ye, Here Ye, let the voting for the May 2010 Throwdown, commence! Take a heartburn pill and enjoy the pics of those that entered last month's Contest.

Only 1 vote per SMF member. Votes are due by midnight EST 6/14/10!!

1. Pork Tenderloin, Chicken Meatball And Shrimp Loaded Pizza

[​IMG]

2. Chicken Parmigiana Fattie. I ground a pound or so of chicken breast and spiced it up with garlic powder, basil, oregano and red pepper flakes. For the filling I used tomato sauce, shiitake mushrooms, fresh grated parmesan cheese and sliced mozzarella cheese.

[​IMG]

3. Smoked braised short ribs with a smoked pepper stuffed with orzo, shrooms, asparagus and 3 cheese

[​IMG]

4. Smoked stuffed meatball (Beef/I.  Sausage stuffed w/ 50/50 mozzy/provo, Mushroom, B. Olive), Spaghetti, and homemade sauce, and bacon and spinach.

[​IMG]

5. Carnival Italian Sausage with Sauce and Mozzerella cheese rolled into a fatty on Italian bun.

[​IMG]

6. Smoked Tuscan Sausage Cannelloni, Smoked Beef Braciole, Smoked Focaccia w/Caprese Salad

[​IMG]

7. Pizza fattie with pepperoni, onion, bacon, mozzarrella, sauce, topped with pizza crust weave

[​IMG]

8. Garlic, blue cheese and herb stuffed pork loin with garlic alfredo pasta

[​IMG]

9. Inside-Out Ravioli: beef/spinach/onion “filling” around pasta, cheeses & spinach leaves.

[​IMG]

10. Chicken and Shrimp w/ a Smoked Gouda Cream Sauce over Pasta w/ Smoked Parm and Garlic Sticks

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 7, 2010
    meateater likes this.
  2. richoso1

richoso1 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

To get me drooling this early in the morning says something... They're all great looking dishes. My compliments to all who entered. It's all good my friend.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2010
  3. They all look great!!!! Good job everyone. Very origional tasty looking plates

4. mythmaster

mythmaster Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

They all look awesome, so I'll have to think about which one I want to vote for.

I'm surprised that nobody did a Porchetta -- I was gonna do one, but I couldn't find the time (well, ok I was just too lazy).

Good luck, everyone!

5. It all looks, good execelent job everyone

6. rdknb

rdknb Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Wow that was hard picking just one and well I have not eaten dinner yet, well done to all

7. bmudd14474

bmudd14474 Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Great job everyone.

8. cowgirl

cowgirl Smoking Guru OTBS Member

They all look excellent! It's going to be hard to choose just one.... [​IMG]   Nice job everyone!

9. scarbelly

scarbelly Smoking Guru OTBS Member

They all look great - nice work everyone

10. bassman

bassman Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

This may be cheating.  My wife is Italian so I'm getting her to help me decide which one to choose.[​IMG]

11. daddyzaring

daddyzaring Smoking Fanatic

Are we allowed to comment on our entries?

12. mythmaster

NO, you are not!  [​IMG]

13. douge

douge Smoke Blower

I'd go with NO on that. I believe the main reason they don't include a user name on the entries is so that people base their vote on the dish itself and not on who prepared the dish.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2010
  14. daddyzaring

Okay so How are people, or the judges for that matter, suposed to know how these dishes were made, what was from scratch, what all ingredients were used, and which one(s) were smoked, and all the detailed things?  We were very limited on all the details we could add with our entries.

15. richoso1

richoso1 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

This is my understanding, and Sumosmoke may answer it in a better manner.

After the winners are announced, you can post a thread with all the information you want known, including in process pics..
    • How it was made.
    • What was from scratch.
    • List of ingredients.
    • Which items were smoked.
    •  
    I think you get the idea. This is exactly what other winners have done, including myself. I hope this clarifies things for you, if not, wait for Sumosmoke to reply. It's all good my friend.

16. mythmaster

I agree.  The amount of difficulty necessary for each entry should be demonstrated and have an affect on our decisions.  It's not just about "what looks the best" or "what would probably taste the best".  "How freakin' impossible was that to make?" should enter our minds, as well.

I'm just throwing some stuff out there...nothing new.

17. chefrob

chefrob Master of the Pit OTBS Member

az
    some good lookin dishes there.........

18. meateater

meateater Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

I like the Italian Jobs! [​IMG]

19. daddyzaring

I will highlight in BLUE what I am talking about,

20. pandemonium

pandemonium Master of the Pit