After reviewing the mod video,I decided to tinker with my 40". I removed that piece of metal inbetween the heating element and the chip tray by removing the 2 screws on the left hand side and prying off the rivits on the right with a screw driver and hammer.Without that metal the tray was just sitting ontop of the element and was very loose fitting.I then I took a pair of tin snips(the metal is surprisingly thin) and cut out that metal so all is left is 2 "C shaped" pieces that are about 5" long.I secured that back in the smoker using 1 screw in the front left and front right side of the smoking chamber(I didnt secure the back) . Works like a CHAMP!!.I now have nice consistant smoke at 225 degrees and the chips burn down to white powder.This is how it should have worked from the beginning.I'll still be using my A-MAZE-N-SMOKER for long smokes, but for quick 2 hour session, I can use the smoker as intended.I also drilled out the chip loader holes and the chip chamber to 1/2 inch holes(once again the metal is thin and the drill goes right thru easily) to increase are flow. I'm sure I voided all warranties, but I now have a smoker that works GREAT.