Making a little "Canadian Bacon/Ham"

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Well, the loin chunks have melded a bit, and they've been sliced and packed up!

The flavor before smoking was good, the flavor after smoking was nice, the flavor tonight ROCKED!

As soon as I opened the first vac pack I had an audience!

My wife has a cat that absolutely hates me, unless I'm cooking! She came in and started begging shortly after the first bag was opened.

I have to agree with the cat, this was good stuff.

All total, I had 14 vac bags with 4-1/4" pieces in each. Several bags are going to my folks at work tomorrow, the rest will be frozen for future eats.

I also did one whole chunk, sliced up, and then vac packed, for my bride's grandmother to make for thanksgiving morning. That one isn't shown.

The flavor was NOT Canadian bacon, it was like we hoped, sort of a CB/ham flavor. We SHALL do this again very soon!

Looks great man. I am pulling a full loin out of the cure tomorrow

Looks Great, Buzz!!!
drool.gif

Mighty Tasty!!
drool.gif

Nice Kitty too!!
icon14.gif

Bear

Looks great man. I am pulling a full loin out of the cure tomorrow
If this is your first time, you're in for a major treat!  I make CB several times during the fall/winter, but this is the first time I just used a brine with cure and no other herbs or flavors.  Perfect lean type ham flavor!

Looks Great, Buzz!!!
drool.gif

Mighty Tasty!!
drool.gif

Nice Kitty too!!
icon14.gif

Bear
Bear, that cat was NUTS for any scraps I would give her.  I didn't give her much since it's a cured product, but she does have good taste!  
Something else to try!
points.gif
Thanks Steve, if you try it, you'll love it!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky