Look it's my first brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

reichl

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Mar 26, 2009
Wisconsin / Iowa
after smoking some pork butts, ribs and abts I figured I should try the brisket. I picked up a flat at Sam's for about $20

I then rubed it down with the following rub recipe:
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 Tbs kosher salt
1/4 cup black pepper
1/4 cup paprika
1 Tbs dry mustard
1 Tbs onion powder
2 Tbs garlic powder
2 Tsp cayenne

Put it in the MES at 225 with an aluminum pan full of beer, garlic and onions underneath. Smoked to a temperature of 170 moping with only beer. Then I put the brisket in the pan fat side down and covered with aluminum foil. I placed it back in the smoker and pulled at a temp of 191.

I then wrapped in foil and wrapped that in a towel. It stayed there for about 3 hours... when I sliced it the meat was still hot.

I served with a bbq sauce from a local bbq restaraunt that I am going to try to recreate. It tastes delicious. Thanks for checking out my view and more important thanks for all the good information.

Looks great.
PDT_Armataz_01_36.gif

Yeah thats really your first one? Great job it looks good and thanks for sharing the rub recipe.

Looks great! You could have told me this was number 100 and I would have believed it.

thanks a lot. Im positive my first brisket wouldnt be this good if I hadnt been reading the info on these forums. If anyone ends up using this rub I would recomend cutting the cayenne in half.

Looks good congrats on the first
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

I still haven't done a brisket, but everytime I walk by the meat case I find myself comptimplating. I figure it's only a matter of time. Congrats on your first, it looks AWSOME!

Congrats on your first brisket, looks great. I remember my first brisket like it was yesterday, we still use it as a cutting board!!! yeah it was that tough.

Fantastic job on your first brisket. It has not been that long ago for my first. Very intimidating at first. But the rewards are awesome! Not worried now are you?
PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif

Congrats on your first brisket, you did it right. Thanks for sharing the Q View. It's all good my friend.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky