Long time no post...........Ribs!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

capt dan

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Nov 2, 2007
Did a batch of ribs for a long time friend who has recoverd from a yrs worth of cancer therapies. He wanted ribs, so thats what he got.

Put 16 racks of BB's in the 60, and we watched and waited until the folks came around for the promised grub fest.

One hr into the smoke, apple and oak. 225-245 degrees.

and then again after foil, no glaze this time, about 4 1/2 hrs in.

and yes they were very well recieved by the guests.

Just before cutting them into 2-3 bone sectiona after the glaze.

Good time had by all, and we also feasted on pulled pork and pulled chuckrolls that I smoked 2 days prior.

Way to come back after a qview hiatus. Beautiful Dan.
points.gif

Wow that looks awesome
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
It may have been awhile but what a way to come back I know that was some fine eating.

I am so glad your friend is in remission and doing well. Glad you were the one to makethe ribs and show your affection, and hot damn that is a load of ribs.
Good times, good friends and some extremely good news
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Nice smoke Dan, and the Q looks really tasty. Thanks for sharing good stuff with a good friend.

WOWThats a load of ribs you did there Dan. I'm glad your friends during well and his cancer is in remission. Man when he told you he wanted ribs I bet he didn't think thats many were coming to his table
points.gif
for a great job and a great thought for your friend. Get better

Thanks for the nice comments and the points too!
icon_wink.gif

My O My those look delicious! Thanks for sharing, maybe someday I can pull of a smoke like that! What a pile of bones you musta had when you got done!.

It just takes practice. You'll get there. I was searching for answers and help a few years ago too, and found it here and other nice sites.
After you smoke a couple hundred racks, you will get a feel for how they are doing, and have a confidence that always helps too.

Lotsa ways to smoke good ribs, most important part is to do them like you like them to taste.

Thanks for the comments and points folks.
icon_cool.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky