Let's Take a Ride on the Wayback Machine to 1959 ~ Beef Steaks

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Loved Adolph's steak flavor, hate they quit making that flavor, we were poor growing up and never grilled that I can remember, had some family friends that had a grill and hot dogs and hamburgers were a big treat 1-2 times a year, I have made up for it when I grew up lol. we use to have a lot of cookouts before Covid and now prices are jacked up so bad we won't have as many, I turned 62 and took early retirement 2 weeks ago and loving it so far, I hope to get back to some smoking and sausage making soon. seen a lot of changes since the 60's, not all good but not all bad, I still like to fire up the cast iron for a steak,

I remember eating flank steak quite often growing up, and occasionally a couple of other cuts. One thing I always looked forward to was the blood bread. Mom would soak up all the meat juices from the cutting board with a slice of white bread, and give it to me. I always looked forward to that.

For the most part all steaks were cooked inside by my mom. Once in a while dad would fire up the charcoal grill.

For steaks and the once a year ribs a grill similar to this was used:
1701523710685.png

For burgers and dogs:
1701523787329.png

Chris

Reactions: Retired Spook
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky