Lem 5# stuffer

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I have as of yet to purchase a new stuffer. I am still leaning towards the Lem. I too looked at our Sportsman Warehouse or whatever it changed it's name to a few months ago Sportsman's wholesale, Hunting stuff and more?? I've lost track... They have the Lem, but buying direct from Lem, with shipping, and a few more items included is cheaper!

LEM has great customer service and warranty.  I managed to chew up the aluminum threaded insert in the piston head and also warped the gasket after a few months of usage.  I called LEM customer service, and they sent me a new piston head and gasket immediately with no questions asked.  

LEM has great customer service and warranty.  I managed to chew up the aluminum threaded insert in the piston head and also warped the gasket after a few months of usage.  I called LEM customer service, and they sent me a new piston head and gasket immediately with no questions asked.  
Wait a minute!!! You haven't posted enough pictures to have worn anything out of that stuffer!!!

Guys...I almost pulled the the trigger on the 5# LEM at Sportsman's Warehouse this morning...the only thing holding me back was the lack of the 3/8" tube. I will mostly be using the stuffer for beef sticks and cannot make them without that size?!

They don't stock them at SW. It's pretty cool that rexlan made his own..I lack the flaring tool, but I can borrow and or purchase one?

Finally, my question...will my KitchenAid horns work with the LEM? Grizzly? Westin?

Thanks,

~Brett
I bought mine at Sportsman's Warehouse, then ordered the extra gasket and 3/8 horn from LEM. I think Bass Pro carries them, so I'm anxiously waiting for the new Bass Pro and Cabela's to be built!

Well after two years of deciding I pulled the trigger and ordered the LEM 5# with stainless tubes. The deciding factor for me was that when I signed up for LEM's newsletter I got a 10% off coupon. My wife's gonna kill me when she sees this contraption on the counter!

WELL IT"S ABOUT GOSH DARN TIME!!!! Great job on pulling the trigger, you will enjoy for the few minutes you have it before the wife kills you, 
781.gif
I better see some snackin sticks from you here soon. 

Good luck buddy 

DS

WELL IT"S ABOUT GOSH DARN TIME!!!! Great job on pulling the trigger, you will enjoy for the few minutes you have it before the wife kills you, 
781.gif
I better see some snackin sticks from you here soon. 

Good luck buddy 

DS
Thanks DS, hopefully I will be able to intercept the package before she gets it. I may not get to use it at all if that happens! Snack sticks are on tap. My hunting buddies daughter got a nice elk and there's 40# of ground that's coming my way to be used for that!

To help with the blow-out around the gasket, lay a small piece of plastic wrap on top of the meat with a small towel on top of the plastic. It doesn't hurt to keep a spare gasket on hand in case the one you are using gets worn out.

Also you can add "extra towels" on top when getting close to empty towards the end so you can get the last little bit of meat to stuff. All it does is add a little fake volume to the stuffer so you only end up with a little meat left in the tube at the end of your run.

HT

To help with the blow-out around the gasket, lay a small piece of plastic wrap on top of the meat with a small towel on top of the plastic. It doesn't hurt to keep a spare gasket on hand in case the one you are using gets worn out.

Also you can add "extra towels" on top when getting close to empty towards the end so you can get the last little bit of meat to stuff. All it does is add a little fake volume to the stuffer so you only end up with a little meat left in the tube at the end of your run.

HT
Good tips! With my old enterprise stuffer I had to do that to get a good seal on the plunger. I used bread to get the remaining meat out. Can't wait to get into the sausage making business!

Congrats on the new stuffer Case... Tell the other half its a requirement that all OTBS members must have a sausage stuffer.......lol

Well after two years of deciding I pulled the trigger and ordered the LEM 5# with stainless tubes. The deciding factor for me was that when I signed up for LEM's newsletter I got a 10% off coupon. My wife's gonna kill me when she sees this contraption on the counter!

Very cool Case, glad ya got it! This site is expensive.... :biggrin:

:beercheer:

Congrats on the new stuffer Case... Tell the other half its a requirement that all OTBS members must have a sausage stuffer.......lol

Ha! I'm just going to claim ignorance and pretend I don't know how we ended up with it!

After almost a year of not being able to find 32 qt tamale pots it seems every store here has them now!

I'm sure your wife will understand and forgive you... NOT!!!

That's great that you can find them there now. Still hard to find them here again. Crazy!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky