Lang 36 Stretch. Good quality, good smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kevinwi

Smoke Blower
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jun 8, 2014
Stevens Point, WI
Thought I'd give a Q view of my new Lang from the moment I got it through the seasoning and  my first cook.

I'm putting a video together today a little more detailed on the lang craftsmanship. Hope to post it up tonight after I edit it a bit.

So here is the Lang minutes after it arrived and first impressions:

Seasoning the Lang with Cooking Oil:

First (limited) Cook. Chicken Wings:

Again, hoping to get a little more detailed video up today showing the welds, craftsmanship and some misinformation out there.

Nice looking smoker.  What is a 36 stretch?  The website shows a hybrid (2 doors with one side a grill) so I'm confused.  You have one door and the  smoker is as long as a 108?  Did you have it custom made?

Lang certainly didn't have that available 2 years ago when I purchased my 36 Hybrid w/ chargriller. Do you mind if I ask what did it cost? Also, you don't list your location and I wonder what state you live in and if you had it shipped or had it delivered. 

The 36 stretch is a custom order but it is becoming one of their standard models now due to popularity. It is exactly the same tube as the hybrid....just no chargrill. ...so it's two 36" smokers in one. Calculated it out and it has 0.75 SFT less cooking area than the 48, but less $$. 
So lets just say it cost less than the 48 of the same type.
I had it shipped to WI for $550. Guy left GA on Thursday evening and was at my door at 6pm Friday with a pickup and a big trailer. I was 2nd stop for him...he had 3 other cookers yet to deliver. 

Here is a little more in-depth look at the cooker along with the welds/construction quality of the Lang. 

I like that trailer much more then the one for my 48". Looks like a lot more room to carry stuff. The 48" only has a basket on the front.

Are you still liking your stretch smoker. Do you have any problem getting it up to a high temp .I'm thinking about buying a stretch and just wanna get a little ideal on how they do

Yes, still happy with it. a few weeks ago I kept it at 125 for smoking salmon with no problems holding temp. 
All depends on how hot you want it. I can keep 350 going constant...not much higher. It's not going to grill steaks. 

downside to a wood smoker...you have to babysit. every 20-25 minutes I'm adding a split or two. If no one is around but you, it can be very boring work to sit out there for hours and hours

When you cook your butts, how deep do you feel like the smoke penetrates? Just in the first part of the ring or more?

How long can u keep temp before u add more wood.
Sorry, just saw this.

I put about 2  small splits in every 30 minutes or so. 

I've been cooking this winter...no problems with temp...in fact I cooked  prime rib on Xmas and started out at 450°.  in 20° F weather. 

Kevin,
I just wanted to thank you for your videos and reviews of the 36 stretch. I can't wait to pick mine up next week. Keep smoking....

Vinny

Reactions: kevinwi
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky